Harroun Motors LOGO/EMBLEM - anyone have one?

Guest JMG72

Guest JMG72

HI all.

Has anyone ever came across an original Harroun Motors Company LOGO? Their company logo or emblem? I believe it is an image of an Arab with a rifle, sitting upon on a rearing stallion. We are looking for original prints, original emblems, whatever.

Thanks.

Mike

Guest JMG72

Hi West.

Actually, it is the Indy Museum (and I) who are looking for the emblem! I thought I would ask here for them. >smile<

thanks!

Mike

Guest T-Head
HI all.

Has anyone ever came across an original Harroun Motors Company LOGO? Their company logo or emblem? I believe it is an image of an Arab with a rifle, sitting upon on a rearing stallion. We are looking for original prints, original emblems, whatever.

Thanks.

Mike

Mike I just did a search through periodicals and was unable to find any advertising for the company. If the IMS museum has any good period or present day photos of the car, we will do an article on it on The Old Motor for you. Our many readers area very resourceful and maybe someone will know of one.

• 1 year later...
Guest JMG72

thanks! I had not been on here in a while, and it did not notify me of your reply. I will add this to the collection!!!

• 5 years later...

Try contacting the Swigartt museum in Huntington PA, they had an incredible collection when I tripped into it years ago. Another great person to ask is Mike Shears who’s website is http://www.americanautoemblems.com/p/emblem-collecting.html 

Good Luck, it sounds like it’s going to be a very hard item to find!

On 6/26/2014 at 7:41 PM, JMG72 said:

also nice. thanks!

I posted this in another thread, but here is where I try to share all my Harroun clippings....

https://sites.google.com/site/mikestuffonly/harroun-motors-corporation

Mike

In the link above found this: "Dick Harroun said. "He got credit for the rearview mirror, but what many people don't know is that he also was the man who developed bumpers on our cars."

Then saw this  post in the Parts Wanted Forum.

B5C69DAA-5836-427B-AC65-2017B0C7DCEB.jpeg