All in favor say "Aye!"

RivNut

The Reatta group has a sub-forum for buying and selling. A classic/antique bicycle forum that I frequent has a separate forum for "Craigslist" listings that might be of interest. While Linda grades papers, I sometimes 'travel' via Craigslist to other cities within a days drive from home. I would think that things found locally that might not be of interest to you (or that Mamma won't let you bring home) might be of interest to others. If you think it might be worth a try, perhaps we could get a sub-forum for just such listings.

Here's the one I found that I'd jump on in a heart beat if 1) it were closer 2) I had a place for it, and 3) I could sneak it past Linda. Tried that once and got away with it for 8 months before sticking my foot in my mouth. The husband of a friend of hers did it and she said something like "you'd never try to do something like that to me, would you?" I couldn't keep a straight face and the scam was over.

Triple black '70 with short skirts, and formula five wheels.

http://memphis.craigslist.org/ctd/3762076118.html

Let's hear what you think about a CL listing sub-forum :)

V8Buick has an "ebay cars and parts" forum and its one of my favorities......and apparently many others as well based on the amount of activity. Could do a craigslist and ebay links forum. Doubt there would be much too much interest as a sub-forum under ROA but under the Buick Clubs heading should be good.

Besides possible leads, I find these types of postings can be educational also.

Edited by JZRIV (see edit history)

Ed, have you cleared this with the forum administrator?

Before I contact them I just wanted a feel to see if it might be worth pursuing. So far with only 4 responses out of 106 views, it doesn't look like there are many folks who would be interested.

I've never seen the need for an ebay list because it's national and can be accessed by anyone. Craigslist on the other hand is local. What you're looking for might be out there but it would take forever to look at every locale. If enough folks were to post what they find in one place, it might be of benefit to everyone. More of Raner's random ramblings.

Ed

Guest Gseago

I still think it's a good idea. This way if I'm looking for a project car, parts car or turnkey and it's listed in a different state maybe a member in that state can check it out for me or vice versa.

Before I contact them I just wanted a feel to see if it might be worth pursuing. So far with only 4 responses out of 106 views, it doesn't look like there are many folks who would be interested.

I've never seen the need for an ebay list because it's national and can be accessed by anyone. Craigslist on the other hand is local. What you're looking for might be out there but it would take forever to look at every locale. If enough folks were to post what they find in one place, it might be of benefit to everyone. More of Raner's random ramblings.

Ed

Aye.

Being able to view Craigslist ad links from other parts of the country is a great reason for it.

• 3 weeks later...

Lamar,

Do you know of anyone who has put a 401 into a 56 or earlier Buick? Does he have pictures? I know that the engine can be basically a bolt in but the transmissions are the problem The bell housing on the 56 and earlier models have a larger diameter so you can't use the early trans with the later motor. The early cars had torque tubes and the later cars had open drive lines. Lots of chassis fabricating necessary to install the open drive line in the older models.

I'd like to find a '54 Century or Special and put my '66 "built" engine backed by a switch pitch ST400 in it. But...........

Ed

I may have misspoken a bit there. I've been following this guys '54 Skylark custom job. You can read it here. Skip to post # 40 where he is getting into the drivetrain.

Hot rod Skylark

If a deal I've got in the works comes through I may have a couple of very solid Specials to sell. One a 2 door hard top, the other a 2 door 3 speed sedan. I could fix ya right up... buba.gif

Hmmmmmm! Perhaps my built 0.030 over 425 with the Poston NH30 cam, big Q-jet, and the ST400 would work well in that hardtop. Keep me posted. What would a '54 with 245/40R20 Falken tires on 20 x 8.5 Boss 304 rims look like? Somehow through some swaps, I wound up with a set of them too.

Thanks for the link.

Ed