white smoke, new Bugatti Pope !!!

gilletman

Can someone explain what Bugatti has to do with the new Pope? If it is in the link in the original post it will not open for me. Bob

Dear bob, The new pope has nothing to do with Bugatti.

google Trektocht der Pioniers to find the link to this storry.

In the early 30 ties, in holland there was a guy named Guilaume Prick, ho was a Bugatti dealer, and oil trader,ho had conections with Etorre Bugatti himlselve.

He was called the 'Bugatti Pope' as he posesed 29 bugatti's. He had 2 sons, Benoit and Jean. named after the sons of Etorre.

the youngest, Jean is now 76 and a real Bugati fanatic. Everything in his house breaths Bugatti. Even at age of around 40 his father forbid him to own and drive bugatti's, after they went to a rally in denmark, and Jean passed a red light and drove down town Hamburg at speed of 140 km/h.

His father stopped him, gave him a slap around his ears and after scapped him from his testament to own a bugatti.

Onley after the father died in 1986, he was given a ventoux from his brother, ho died 2006.

Jean is became famous in the 70 ties wen he was on the duch television and starded crying wen a journalist asked him about Bugatti.

This was the first time of live emotional television, and Jean became famous.

Last februari his bugatti became 76 year old, aswel as Jean and he had a party, always smoking a sigar giving white smoke, Jean now has the age to take over the title of his father

New Bugatti Pope.

Hope you can stil find the link. The crying Jean you can find on you tube or goolge ' Jean Prick Bugatti.'

Succes.

There are a few pics of propeller driven autos on the blog site to which Gilletman sent us a link. Why in the world anyone would build a vehicle with a propeller in front to power it along the ground is an absolute mystery to me. The whole idea seems suicidal to me.

2131978-a3b91931ddf2235cdbc3439d54e5a9bf.jpg

There doesn't seem to be much doubt that the following one is the later, improved version. Can you imagine what costly lesson caused the inventor to decide to enclose the fan in a cage? What year was safety glass invented?

2131978-3be1097623cbb541262750f8b1494a08.jpg

Lastly, is what I assume might have been the original prototype. It has an open cockpit. Wouldn't you think that a facial barrage of twigs, pine cones, birds and squirrels would have been enough to discourage further pursuit of this whole ill fated concept?

2131978-c81858f0798a2129509c7a413876f5ce.jpg

Gilletman, I'm happy for Jean! He gets to live in his own Bugatti museum! I'll bet he never married, though. The blog had many interesting images and was great fun to explore. Thank you for sharing this with us.

Jean did get maried more than once, has a daugter. Visiting a museum is a nice thing, living in it an other...........

Keep folowing the blog more storry's to come?

next wil be a Minerva found as a tractor trailer.:cool: