Nice 1959 Package deal Convvertible/4 door Electras Chicago

Guest BJM

1960 Buick Electra 225 Convertible + 4 door rare project 1959

1960 Buick Electra 225 Convertible + 4 door rare project Convertible has 2 tone Blue inside and White outside Original owner car Low mileage

This is a rare convertible That will need restoration, When i bought car It was a running and driving car Has new brakes And complete

Dual exhaust system, I have restored many buick classics and just have a few to many going right now, Thats the only reason its for sale.

She is a very nice car to do, Has full original leather interior that is still very nice, Original convertible top, Has power windows power seat power antenna, Power steering and brakes, Engine and trans are original numbers matching to the car and work perfectly. There is rust in rocker panels that will need repair, The floors and trunk are great very solid, Still has original spare tire "pictured" Chrome and bumpers are very nice, Car had original paint and no bondo nor dents,I bought 4 door because its a nice looking car for a 4 door, That car runs and drives It has a rebuilt engine and trans Newer brakes and complete newer exhaust system I have every nut and bolt and Moulding, Nothing is missing at all, plus some extra parts for convertible This is a rare chance to get a real original car that will be very valuable when done I have seen them sell as high as $80,000 Price is for both cars and all extra parts

Call for More details . 815 441 3891 or 815 627 9293 thank you Jim.

3E43J23Ha5L65F25J3d2cf76ffccf879710b9.jpg

3K43M53F95I15Gf5Mcd2c33551501c2cf1544.jpg

This is not my car but I noticed in the description this sounds like it might belong to a BCA member. We don't have a lot of Chicagoland members chim in on this forum. But, if anybody recognizes these cars / name / location it would be interesting to see if this is a BCA member.

In either case, this would be a good package deal if inspected. 59 Electra convertibles are among the most collectible of 50's Buicks and 4 door 59 Buicks are very iconic.

Consider his description, if honest. (That's why I wonder if he is a BCA'er for authentication of comments) A nice 4 door Electra like that one that runs and drives is worth $2000. That means he wants around $6000 for the convertible that is well started.

Edited by BJM (see edit history)

Guest Rob McDonald

You'll find the price as soon as you open the link, but for convenience, it's $8550. More pictures, too. The convertible does seem to have two-tone leather, as noted. I'd wondered if real cowhide was still available by 1960. Yup, and it could even be restorable, too. Seems like a good project, if you're swacked with '60 Buicks, which many are. Personally, I prefer '59s for their simpler, more pure design and those awesome canted headlights!

Rob

Too much browsing for me. I said 59 when 60 was staring me in the eyes. Thanks for correcting me. My point on pricing was that while the price is $8550, the 4 door sedan's condition suggests it's a $2000 car. It looks straight and seller says it runs and drives. So, this is a great 1-2 deal, for roughly $8000 - assuming some negotiation - you would have a neat 4 door to drive and a highly desirable - although maybe not as desirable as a 59 convertible that has a lot of +++ for around $6000.

OK Buick People: I talked to Jim the owner of this pair of Buicks. Where do I start? Low mileage? It has 99K on it. It was a running and driving car? The engine and tranny are presently out of the vehicle. Original leather interior still very nice? I would really like to see clear pictures of that. From what I can see the interior looks like if I sat on the seat a few times it would come apart quickly. Also, how much is disassembled and here and there? Original Top? Needs replacing. All the trim is off the car. The front clip had been removed and placed on the car for the picture. These cars have sold for 80K???? I thought that was a very ominous statement to say the least.

Would I like to have this car? Absolutely yes? For how much? I like the convert here (at my location) for $2,500 and the flattop for a grand. These cars are rusty too. Definitely a no-go no matter how I slice it. Anyway, that's my take. Mitch.

Edited by lrlforfun (see edit history)

I like the car and $8.500 isn't a bad entry fee. In fact it is a good annual budgetary figure. I like to generalize project costs at 50% parts and 50% labor. $8500 annually puts you at $700 per month or $350 parts/$350 labor over the next 8 to ten years. You would get to do all the work, farm out the paint and complicated stuff, and have years of day dreaming for about $20 a day. And some have sold for as high s $80,000.

Bernie

Yea I'm torn between Mitch's and Bernie's comments. I suspect there is wiggle room on price. Usually, when projects go on Craigs List, the seller wants them gone.

• 4 years later...