Someone please help me identify this part to a '48 buick!?!

Guest xpalexprincessx

Guest xpalexprincessx

Hello, so I'm trying to help my boyfriend restore his 1948 buick, and unfortunately he lost a part... I've been asking around trying to find the exact name for this part... but everytime I ask I get different answers...

I'm trying to replace it for him but I can't look it up without knowing the name... If you could please tell me what its called, or where I can find it... I would appreciate it very VERY much! :o

I am attaching two pictures, one of them is with the piece and the other is without it, so you know exactly what I'm looking for...

post-91299-143141749226_thumb.jpg

post-91299-143141749228_thumb.jpg

Guest xpalexprincessx

yeah fender gravel shield was one of the answers i got a couple of times... :) thank you! i will check under fender stone guard!

Guest xpalexprincessx

thank you so much, you guys have been absolutely wonderful... one last question, so i managed to pry the stone guard off.... i notice it has a different attached part to it that it goes mounted on, i took a couple of pictures, maybe you guys can tell me what the part it called that it is mounted on to...? pretty please :) any help at all would be highly appreciated

! post-91299-143141750788_thumb.jpg

post-91299-143141750784_thumb.jpg

post-91299-143141750786_thumb.jpg

Upper part I would call the stone guard mounting bracket? Stone guard extension? If you are talking about the piece that the stainless is wrapped around, I would call that the stone guard base plate or similar term. Sounds like you need to find a parts book or shop manual and look in the "body" section of the book. Maybe the base plate is the actual "stone guard" and the stainless is called the "stone guard trim"?

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Guest xpalexprincessx
Upper part I would call the stone guard mounting bracket? Stone guard extension? If you are talking about the piece that the stainless is wrapped around, I would call that the stone guard base plate or similar term. Sounds like you need to find a parts book or shop manual and look in the "body" section of the book. Maybe the base plate is the actual "stone guard" and the stainless is called the "stone guard trim"?

Well the good news is that I found the stone guard.. the bad news is I can't find that other piece... but I will keep trying :o thank you very much!

Oh, and I went through a parts book but I didn't have any luck with that... but thank you for the suggestion :D

Guest xpalexprincessx

nevermind guys... he broke up with me so i guess there's no point on continuing my search.... thank you all for everything.

and maybe i'll be back when i start to work on my 67 mustang ;)

thanks for your time and effort

~mellissa

Guest xpalexprincessx

well, one thing about me is i hate to leave things unfinished... so even as we are broken up, i still want to help with his beautiful car...

by any chance, do any of you fellas know what this part is called? i have it circled in red because i really have no clue how to even explain it

post-91299-1431417578_thumb.png

Guest xpalexprincessx
Please tell me this is a bad dream. That poor old Buick. What a hideous abomination

that bad huh? lol it was in pretty bad shape when he got it... he's actually done quite a lot of work to it...

but yeah, i guess its not your typical 48 super... i actually feel like i should take the picture down now lol

to each his own i guess... and it makes him happy, which makes me happy to help out

Edited by xpalexprincessx (see edit history)

Guest Foggy norm

58 mustang, understandably, doesn't appreciate the "droopy eye'd" look of the headlight cover. I'm not a fan of the regular headlight cover, this style isn't far behind.