Wanted, original only or NOS, master cyl and wheel cylinders

NEW Aftermarket units will not work for me, as I need correct era part #'s on the parts for a very special car in time !

I am looking for an "original master cylinder" for a 1933-1935 Dodge.

This one has the triangular bolt pattern mount.

A NOS unit or a rebuildable, "not stuck" unit is fine.

Also; looking for "original" NOS or rebuildable "not stuck" wheel cylinders.

Also, there is a weird brass angled fitting which screws into the wheel cylinder>. and then into the rubber brake line hose, need all 4.

Please phone and leave a message with your phone number if I do not pick up;

Or email motorcarinvestments@gmail.com

217-734-9400

Regards,

John

Is this the first futuristic exotic automobile in the world, no wider, higher, longer or heavier than a AC Cobra or D Type Jag, but built in 1935 !!!

http://www.autopuzzles.com/<WBR>forum/index.php?topic=11958.0

http://www.harrisspeedster.<WBR>com/harris.html<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Edited by harris speedster (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Are you a total stickler and want a MC that looks like this (probably should not be painted):

608678.jpg

Or are you willing to put up with an off the shelf, bolt in, replacement that looks like this:

695696.jpg

The latter one should be available via any of your better local auto supplies. Only difference that I've noticed on install is the pedal to master cylinder rod needs to be adjusted. The brake lines themselves needed no changes as the outlet on the replacement MC is at the same distance from the mounting flange. See Plymouth Parts Interchange: Group 5 — Brake — Service for modern cross references for the replacement.

Sir,

Thank you for the reply.

I can not tell, from the picture, if the black one has the original era part numbers on it or not?

Yes, the aftermarket one is nice, but I can not use one like that, my local NAPA can get me one and he can get me w/c also.

I am somewhat at a loss in a few ways, the car they go on is very special and it will be scrutinized by Invitational Senior class judges of very high caliber, Pebble.

It was, only in part, built with Duesenberg and packard pieces, and a dodge brake system.

All the rest of the car is hand formed beat panels with on a bird cage, about the same size and height of an ac cobra, but built in 1935.

I found correct backing plates and some shoes, but lack the original w/c and master cyl>> took me a long time to even figure out what they came from.

Would you please PM me an email address, and I can then send you pics of what I need for the brass fitting parts etc. motorcarinvestments@gmail.com

Thank you again,

Warm regards,

John

I might be able to help with part numbers, but I don't have parts to sell...

The top photo below was the one that came on my '33 Plymouth and matches the photos in the original "operator's manual" so I believe it to be correct. It is now back on my car having been sleeved. The replacement one is what I used while the original was being restored.

On the '33 Plymouth there are brass banjo fittings between the rear wheel cylinders and the brake lines but on the front the hoses just go directly into the cylinders. In both cases there are copper washers. So without a picture to look at I am not sure what the fittings you are referring to that are on all four wheels.

NEW Aftermarket units will not work for me, as I need correct era part #'s on the parts for a very special car in time !

I am looking for an "original master cylinder" for a 1933-1935 Dodge.

This one has the triangular bolt pattern mount.

A NOS unit or a rebuildable, "not stuck" unit is fine.

Also; looking for "original" NOS or rebuildable "not stuck" wheel cylinders.

Also, there is a weird brass angled fitting which screws into the wheel cylinder>. and then into the rubber brake line hose, need all 4.

Please phone and leave a message with your phone number if I do not pick up;

217-734-9400

Regards,

John

Home of the first futuristic exotic automobile in the world, no wider, higher, longer or heavier than a AC Cobra or D Type Jag, but built in 1935 !!!

http://www.autopuzzles.com/<WBR>forum/index.php?topic=11958.0

http://www.harrisspeedster.<WBR>com/harris.html<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Here is a photo of my 33 ply 2 dr. the M/C has both the top breather tube with hat and the brass fitting on the bottom, I may also have the brass fitting ( have to search) send picture of the fitting also.

Thanks

Steve in NH

post-70464-143141721659_thumb.jpg

Ply 33,

This gentleman, in building this special creation in time, was an engineer, and has credit for many special things he did in his life.

All will be divulged in the future, much of it will change many facts of automobile history books as writen.

The last car he built, many decades after this one, he ended up selling/giving to a very long time and dear friend, Gordon Buerhig from ACD as we all know.

Ben used 4 of the noted special banjo, as you call them, brass fittings, maybe it was because he made a fwd set up which weighed in at roughly 200 lbs, in its entirety. Add to this independent rear suspension in 1934.

Or, maybe because Spicer Dana made their first ever half shaft for this car, as documented and the company has records of.

I am old school and chicken pick to type these very words.>> I am terrible at attempting to paste/post pictures, sorry for being an idiot.

I did send you a PM re; a regular email address>> I can email pics from a Picaso program my sons set up for me, unfortunatly they are not hear at this time to ghelp me.

I truly do appreciate your time, and your post with the other info, which will be of great help.

It took me years ( 27 )to even identify many of the parts he used and incorporated, right down to Duesenberg parts, Packard parts, austin parts, and the rest, well>> still trying to identify.

Tedious work right down to a special one off banjo steering wheel, which is the diameter of a modern day car steering wheel, which I had hoped he borrowed from another automobile make, alas>. no such luck.

Agagin Ply 33, thank you for the post, and it does really help me with future needs and info.

Warm Regards,

John

Here is a photo of my 33 ply 2 dr. the M/C has both the top breather tube with hat and the brass fitting on the bottom, I may also have the brass fitting ( have to search) send picture of the fitting also.

Thanks

Steve in NH

Steve,

I did get your email in my inbox today.

I will take the pics I have in my Picaso file, and send them to the email address you sent me.

I do so hope you can help me finish this part of a difficult search.

Warm regards, and thank you.

John

Thanks

Steve in NH

Steve,

From the engine compartment it appears that you have a pretty original car and there aren't many '33 Plymouth two door sedans out there. Could you share some pictures of it with me?

Thanks!

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Viper 36,

Going real slow.

Had some set backs with a hip replacement and a few other issues.

Back on track, working on some more history about Ben and The Speedster at this time.

Taylormade, from herein the site, did some outstanding computer graphics of the car, and a blueprint.

Going to submit the speedster to the Library of Congress, in hopes that they will induct it. We shall see

They want a blueprint, that is why Richard ( Taylormade ) stepped in >>> great guy to work with, does not get any better

AND his work is unsurpassed.

If I knew how to move pictures, I would post one here, and would really like to post on ein the Speedster topic area>>> that will blow the guys away.

Hope all is well, 

John

On 1/25/2013 at 10:32 AM, ply33 said:

Steve,

From the engine compartment it appears that you have a pretty original car and there aren't many '33 Plymouth two door sedans out there. Could you share some pictures of it with me?

Thanks!

I will try to look some up today sold the car many years ago it was a Keeper, but things change,,,,,