'39 Radio Buttons...?

jvelde

There was a guy 10 or 15 years ago who made reproduction maroon plastic buttons. However, his reproductions did not have the slot for the radio station identifier, or the clear plastic cover for it. Something happened to him, and I have no idea where you could get any reproductions now. I bought one set from him for $50.

There was a guy 10 or 15 years ago who made reproduction maroon plastic buttons. However, his reproductions did not have the slot for the radio station identifier, or the clear plastic cover for it. Something happened to him, and I have no idea where you could get any reproductions now. I bought one set from him for $50.

If I remember correctly, I bought some of those knobs from Al Bell of Sarasota, Fla. I think he passed on, but his company still exists at the following site:

1955 Buick Gas Gauge Dash Unit, Works items in Bell Buick Parts store on eBay!

Worth a try.

Jim

Al Bell and his wife sell/sold items produced by other people as well as NOS/used parts. The guy maked the push buttons was in Massachusetts. I don't want to say he passed because I don't know that, but he at least retired from making them. Maybe it could be a new project for Skip Boyer if enough people ask him. So far as I know, Skip makes all of the plastic reproductions.

The late Al Bell and now his widow sell/sold reproductions made by other people, NOS and used parts. I don't want to say the guy who made the push buttons passed, because I don't know that, but he at least stopped making them. He was in Massachusetts. So far as I know, Skip Boyer makes all of the plastic reproduction items available, and so maybe if enough people asked him he might take on the push buttons for 1939 as a new project. On the other hand he is very short on time these days because of his employment. Skip is one of the world's good guys.