64 Riv with under 15k miles for $15k

cjp69

Not Mine!

1964 Buick Rivera

1964 Buick Rivera all original paint also DOCUMENTED MILES SECRETARY OF STATE 14,879 ORIGINAL MILES!!!!!!!!!!!

always garaged, extremely low miles.(stored 30 years)

Silver with Black interior. runs and drives like new

425/465 torque wildcat(all original #s matching)

pw steering, brakes,pw,ac ,pw antenna and Tilt wheel

Interior flawless. (except tear on driverseat)

never smoked in(both cig lighters never used)

door panels, headliner, bumpers, near perfect.

asking 15,300 will consider cash and interesting trade

Joe 630-400-9197

I don't know. I sold the car long ago and never thought about photographing the data tag. I do recall the original owner telling me he bought the car right after seeing one at an auto show previewing the 63 Riviera. I'm still trying to find one of my registration slips from when I owned the car. I could swear the original sale date was in Sept of '62 but my understanding the 63 Riviera was not produced until October. It was originally a yellow plate CA car with a "Y" prefix.

OK Riviera People: This car certainly is a mystery. Perhaps we could all tell better if we saw it in the flesh and talked with the seller. When I had my car lot people use to come in and ask me if the mileage was original mileage and I told them the same story every time....."I don't really know. Unless I drove it myself (from new)and had a good idea of how much driving I did I couldn't possibly know how accurate the mileage was and the information I have (documentation) has only been passed along".

So, you see, we can all guess and of course, the higher the price the more blanks we want filled in. Again, again, again interview the seller on the phone, get pictures, ask questions and if you are fairly close on the price and you want it, make the sacrifice of looking at it IN THE FLESH! Mitch

Guys,

Assuming the mileage is right, what about the price? What do you guys think a nice 15-25k mile 64/65 Riv is worth these days???

This economy - Probably around $8-13K for a car that is low optioned and blah color with variation depending on condition. 20k miles but never maintained and updated is at the lower end. Well maintained and road ready is upper end.

$15-20k for well optioned and striking color combo.

Obviously there are "exceptions" in both directions. Condition of chrome needs to be made a priority factor because of todays exhorbanent replating costs.

Many of the low mileage Rivs I've seen that sat for many years without TLC need alot of work to get them road ready and reliable.

This economy - Probably around $8-13K for a car that is low optioned and blah color with variation depending on condition. 20k miles but never maintained and updated is at the lower end. Well maintained and road ready is upper end.

$15-20k for well optioned and striking color combo.

Obviously there are "exceptions" in both directions. Condition of chrome needs to be made a priority factor because of todays exhorbanent replating costs.

Many of the low mileage Rivs I've seen that sat for many years without TLC need alot of work to get them road ready and reliable.

Thanks Jason. I thought I had a line on a low mile 65, but its 120k. :>(