On my walk was a 1935 Plymouth.....

keiser31

On my walk up to the store to get cat food, I stumbled across this nice 1935 Plymouth...other than the incorrect headlamps, which should be chromed, it is a gorgeous little car.

post-37352-143139121435_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143139121444_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143139121452_thumb.jpg

post-37352-14313912146_thumb.jpg

I love it when I run in random old cars being driven! It's even better when it me driving. The comments and compliments you get are great. I really love hearing any story that starts with "My Dad used to have one and..." I always get "You just don't see one of those every day!" Occasionally I have to quip "Oh yes I do!" with a smile.

Nice sighting, John.

Regarding the sign in the left background in pic#1, what the heck is a red plate special? For that price, must be SPECIAL.

Ben

Whatever it is, it can't be THAT special......I have eaten at that restaurant.......once.

I would have preferred an original color, but the red is kind of cute. I also think that the original "sunburst' design around the hub caps adds a lot, but most people don't seem to agree or don't bother with it. I've also noticed that a lot of guys don't bother with the perimeter pin stripe around the wheels of many old cars. I think that, in lieu of beauty rings, the wheel pin stripe is a nice and appropriate detail.

I would have preferred an original color, but the red is kind of cute. I also think that the original "sunburst' design around the hub caps adds a lot, but most people don't seem to agree or don't bother with it. I've also noticed that a lot of guys don't bother with the perimeter pin stripe around the wheels of many old cars. I think that, in lieu of beauty rings, the wheel pin stripe is a nice and appropriate detail.

It's a little spendy having the body shop trim your wheels, but it's so worth it. :cool: