29 Pierce Wiring rats nest....

I'm back working on this 29 Pierce that belongs to a friend. I help him get it running several year ago and did recommend that we re-wire it before he tried to tour with it. What a rats nest! All greens into some colors out of the light switch, back to all greens feeding the Tail ,Backup, and Brake lights mixed with bits and pieces of reds and old cloth wire in between. :P Dandy Dave!

post-44142-143138949522_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143138949526_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143138949529_thumb.jpg

..............All greens into some colors out of the light switch, back to all greens feeding the Tail ,Backup, and Brake lights mixed with bits and pieces of reds and old cloth wire in between. :P Dandy Dave!

Dave, I'm not going to comment on this, other than to say, I grew up on a farm. That should 'plain it all!:)

Wayne

You've got to buy a new wiring harness and get rid of this mess.....my '31 has junction boxes where the wires go different directions, and flexible tubing between them...did 29 have that?

You've got to buy a new wiring harness and get rid of this mess.....my '31 has junction boxes where the wires go different directions, and flexible tubing between them...did 29 have that?

Absolutly! :D Not to worry, That pile of trash is not going back! I'm putting a wire harness together from modern antique cloth style wire. We are getting some wire web from Restoration Supply also. I have the back already wired with different colors. Yes, there is a metal conduit (Similar to a BX cable.) running down the frame in two sections, another that is in the cowl, and a wire block also at the rear. There should also be one up front on the drivers side mounted inside the frame that connects the head lights. That one is missing but I think we can come up with something from Radio Shack that will suffice. More photos as we progress. I love to wire stuff like this. It really make one feel good when the job is done, and done right. :) Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

Dave, I'm not going to comment on this, other than to say, I grew up on a farm. That should 'plain it all!:)

Wayne

LOL... Nottin to Splain Wayne. ;)

I was going to say it was wired by a plumber, but thought that would be an insult to plumers as most of the time they work with the same color pipe weather the water is hot or cold. Dandy Dave!

Looks like you caught it just in time, I think I see a small leak that would have let all the smoke out and made the electrical system stop working.

LOL...:D As in Lucas??? Dim, flicker, and off. ;) Dandy Dave!

• 2 months later...

It has been a while since I posted but the 29 pierce is comming along in the last few months. I have been at it for about one day a week, give or take a few, for a while now. I turned new rings on my old 16" x 12' South bend Lathe as the old pot metal ones were cracked and in pieces for the most part. The rewireing is nearly complete. Of course Dandy Dave is in his warm weather attire. :P Go Olympians! Does anyone know where we can aquire the correct sockets for the headlights. Note the adjusting screw. Someone has previously cobbed Model A Ford Twilight Repros in it that adjust from the back. Totally wrong! Thanks, Dandy Dave!

post-44142-143139120731_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143139120734_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143139120737_thumb.jpg

post-44142-14313912074_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143139120743_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)