parts 1934 convertible 4 door dodge

Guest rayer

i am looking for a windshield & frame,also all 4doors regulators and glass and front seat.

i got a chassi nr 211071

code 34DOG0001071

can somebody tell me more about these numbers??

greatings John

If you send some information to Chrysler Historical they can maybe get you a copy of your original build card, they are shut down until after the first of the year but its worth the effort

To get a build card from Chrysler, you'll need to give them your car's serial number, which if still on the car, will be on a stamped plate located on the passenger (right) side front door pillar. I've been told by Chrysler that they cannot retrieve the build cards by using the engine or chassis number, which are the same. According to my Dodge Master Parts Book, your serial number should start with a DS and be within the number range of 4528651 - 4530400.

As far as the parts go, the parts for your car will be very difficult to find because of the limited number of cars produced. You may be able to use the front seat from a standard '34 Dodge sedan. I believe the windshield frame and posts were used by '33 and '34 Dodge, Chrysler, and Plymouth convertibles. These original pieces were pot metal and are near impossible to find in any condition, but I have seen then come up on eBay on rare occasions. There were some reproduction bronze windshield frames and posts being made in the 90's but the fellow making them has long since passed, and nobody has continued making them. Again, watch eBay! You could also have some cast, if you can find a suitable pattern.

The window regulators you will probably have to modify from coupe or sedan regulators. I've been looking for 15 years and have yet to find a pair for sale, keep in mind I only need 2 (convertible coupe) whereas you'll need 4.

The window frames, same problem. Find a pattern and have them made.

Also, if you don't have a parts book you can find them on eBay.

Can you post some photos of your car?

There is a member of this forum that just completed a restoration on a '34 DB convertible sedan, and if you can search for his threads you'll see photos of his car. I'd highly recommend you contact him.

Feel free to contact me by private message.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ken Muston

Hi

I am in Australia and have a 34 Chrysler Convertible Sedan I am restoring, (it's only one of seven in the world that i have found), the windscreen hard ware is at the chrome shop now.

I am not sure how I can help, but, I know the windscreen hard ware will be scarce as these cars are scarce.

I believe Chrysler and Dodge would have used the same parts.

I have just had 2 knurled windscreen post nuts, machined from brass by an 80 year old wizard, he could build some for you, don't know my cost yet. But look like like factory part.

Happy to share information

Ken Muston.

• 1 year later...

As a little further help, if you still need it, here is a photo of a 34 convertible coupe (in my case, Plymouth) window frame assembly, part #475067 (right side) so you know approximately what you are looking for. You could modify a set from a closed car but the distances between the frame edge and the locking lever are different, so the modification would be fairly complex. post-89602-143142160416_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
As a little further help, if you still need it, here is a photo of a 34 convertible coupe (in my case, Plymouth) window frame assembly, part #475067 (right side) so you know approximately what you are looking for. You could modify a set from a closed car but the distances between the frame edge and the locking lever are different, so the modification would be fairly complex. [ATTACH=CONFIG]210771[/ATTACH][/QTE]

You still looking?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Artisan S.

Thanks Knobless,

I'm not the original poster but my uncle own's the car the original poster is refering to. I guess your right, finding parts for this car will be verry, verry difficult and refabrication is the only option. Now to do that we have all the technology at our disposal....from 3D modeling over 3D CNC routing too high and 3D printing (via Shapeways that is located 30 miles down the road from were I live) even dye casting is possible. What we now need is simple oldfashioned information since the whole window assembly of the 1934 Dodge we are restoring was thrown away (by the fire department) after a fire at the house of a well known Dutch car collector. My uncle bought the wreck of the car back in the earlie nineties and has restored about 75% of it. Only the interior and 5 windows + regulator mechanism need to be restored (and since my uncle is a professional car restorer and upholsterer the interior won't be a problem).

So a set of good quality pictures of the windows and the regulators (or original constuction drawings) would be of great help. Based on those and the original car we would be able to recreate .stl files that can be used for CNC milling and 3D printing (can be done in ABS but also in steel these days, as Jay Leno has so nicely pioneered). Of course the .stl files would be returned to the community.....

Greets, Ed.

Venlo,

The Netherlands

Thanks Knobless,

I'm not the original poster but my uncle own's the car the original poster is refering to. I guess your right, finding parts for this car will be verry, verry difficult and refabrication is the only option. Now to do that we have all the technology at our disposal....from 3D modeling over 3D CNC routing too high and 3D printing (via Shapeways that is located 30 miles down the road from were I live) even dye casting is possible. What we now need is simple oldfashioned information since the whole window assembly of the 1934 Dodge we are restoring was thrown away (by the fire department) after a fire at the house of a well known Dutch car collector. My uncle bought the wreck of the car back in the earlie nineties and has restored about 75% of it. Only the interior and 5 windows + regulator mechanism need to be restored (and since my uncle is a professional car restorer and upholsterer the interior won't be a problem).

So a set of good quality pictures of the windows and the regulators (or original constuction drawings) would be of great help. Based on those and the original car we would be able to recreate .stl files that can be used for CNC milling and 3D printing (can be done in ABS but also in steel these days, as Jay Leno has so nicely pioneered). Of course the .stl files would be returned to the community.....

Greets, Ed.

Venlo,

The Netherlands

Both Ian and I listed photos of windows 34 dodge DR model, its under "slow progress but getting there" good luck.

Hi John and welcome to the forum.

if you can post pics that would be good..........we all love pics.

As Bill suggested contact Mark who completed the 2 door blue 34. He often helped me with contacts etc and Dave as well as he has parts which I've also bought some from. So there is a myriad of advice here to help. Start with the serial number and if the plate is gone then it will be stamped on the chassis, left side just forward of the part where the spring goes in. I posted a pic of mine here at some point.

Cheers

Ian