1963-64 Riv Tail Light Lenses?

Jolly_John

I wondering if this pair of tail light lenses is correct for later 1963 AND 1964 Riviera.

These have the molded "63". I recall that some of the 1963 Rivieras have a Buick tri-shield emblem, rather than the Riv "R" logo. Just looking for some clarification of the application for this pair of lenses. Thanks. John

post-31491-143138755287_thumb.jpg

Probably about the same time they start stamping new '65 Riviera shells :eek:

For those of you not familiar with Dynacorn, here's their website.

Replacement Body Shells -A Rust Free Beginning To A Brand New Old Car

We're asking for something as simple as a taillight bezel; these guys can get complete body shells. NOT FAIR, but that's what makes our cars stand out.

Ed

Has anybody found a good reproduction lens for the 63? PRL

Maybe because there's enough NOS and good used stuff still out there?

If I still had my '63, I'd prefer the genuine GM parts over that re-pop junk like some that's available for other cars.

I was able to find decent used stuff most of the time at the local self service wrecking yard back when I had my '63.

Pete,

Sorry, got off topic and got carried away. Actuall, it's the same song, second verse. No reproductions unless you're restoring one of the more popular cars. Sorry. Check with the guys who have their ads in the back of the Riview and see what they have. Gene Garnere has a bunch of stuff as does "Riviera" Bob; some used some reproduction. The Buick Farm sells only NOS Buick stuff. You might check to see what Doug might have.

Ed

My pot metal bezels are good...I was asking about the lens. Anybody found a source for decent red plastic? PRL

Unless they are really cracked and broken, they can clean up well. You can do a lot with Simple Green and a tooth brush. Mine were dirty and caked with junk, but cleaned up nicely when I took them apart and scrubbed them up.