Exhaust Muffler Cut-Out Pedal

Guest Mochet

Seeking an exhaust cutout pedal to adapt for my 1913 Metz. Base screws to floorboard. The small iron pedal is a simple lever. Various types would work. Let me know if you have anything that might suit!

Phil Jamison

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies. However, I need a simpler pedal than the Ford T used. It just pushes down and has no locking feature. Also, Restoration Supply has an exhaust cut-out, but doesn't sell the pedal. I suggested that they might consider making one. Here's an example:

post-54178-143138750548_thumb.jpg

Phil

Here is a photo of whet the Metz pedal looked like (right side). It's not a locking-type pedal. In fact, the Metz catalog indicates it can be used 'to warn oncoming traffic of your approach.' Your repro might work, Layden.

Phil

post-54178-143138752617_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mochet (see edit history)

Sorry. I thought you were casting the pedal. I'd be interested in the original pedal, if you'd care to sell it. Feel free to send me an email or PM.

Phil Jamison

Does this lock in the open position, or do you have to hold it down? I am also looking for a quality cut out pedal that will lock open.

I have sample of two different types that I could photograph and measure for you, and would not be difficult to make. The Petry one as used on Mercer is of flat steel sock largely, except that the round button is pressed into a negative curvature. The one on the Roamer Duesenberg is cast iron pieces. (I reckon that the Roamer sounds better than a Bentley with the cutout open and the throttle open).

Edited by Ivan Saxton
typo error (see edit history)