Fender skirts

Guest REX STALLION

I've never seen any. IHMO, fender skirts wouldn't work well on this car because of the lip that is on the edge of the wheel well opening, they won't fit flush. You also have a stainless trim strip that follows the contour of the wheel well opening. You'll proabably have to have something like that custom made.

I don't know, guys. It says right in the eBay ad that they "look bad ass".

eBay descriptions never lie, right?

-BEPNewt

Just like Scarface. They always tell the truth, even when they lie.

Guest Kingoftheroad
It is said that nothing is completely worthless, it can always serve as a bad example. That said I wanted to post the pictures for future searchers to see after the ebay link expires. Fugly.

While I agree with everybody above on the looks of this car.

My first impression of the pic on the right (Side View) was it looked like a 2dr Electra. The pic lacks lots of detail though.

Guest wildcat465
I don't know, guys. It says right in the eBay ad that they "look bad ass".

eBay descriptions never lie, right?

-BEPNewt

Bad ass. Separate those two words.

Bad. Yep.

Ass. Works too.

But obviously someone loved it. We probably shouldn't knock it. :rolleyes:

And how could an E-Bay description be a lie? :confused:

Beauty is in the "i" of the beholder - fugly 4 sure !! :D

'70 was the only year 'fender skirts' were offered as an option on a Riviera, and they came in two different styles, 'full' and 'short', which is the rarer, and my preference of the two styles offered.

I heard the short version for the '70 skirt was a mid-year running change/option because the full skirts were not well received. Is that true?

While I agree with everybody above on the looks of this car.

My first impression of the pic on the right (Side View) was it looked like a 2dr Electra. The pic lacks lots of detail though.

My first impression of the 2nd pic was a full size Pontiac.

Bonneville / Grand Prix.

The first Gen Riviera should not be messed with in my opinion. You can't improve on perfection.

I heard the short version for the '70 skirt was a mid-year running change/option because the full skirts were not well received. Is that true?

Available from the get go I believe. I've never heard of the story they were a mid year offering.

All the '70 Riviera literature I have refers to them, and the body manual shows them.

I like both looks myself.

Edited by Sweepspear (see edit history)