North East Storm...

Dandy Dave

It is much too early for this kind of weather here. I did not loose power this round as the last few ice storms took care of all the dead limbs. The Buick Snow Master Super Snow Shovel has been put back into service for yet another season. South of here there are many without power. 21 Degrees here this morning. Back in the mid 50's later this week. These photos are from this morning as I failed to take any yesterday. We had at least 14 inches here but as you can see a lot of it has melted. Dandy Dave!

post-44142-143138715033_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143138715051_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

I live probably 40 miles away from Dave and had merely a dusting of snow in Glenville NY. Good thing too, the town has no $$$ for snow removal. Of course the big problem is the leaves have not dropped from many of the trees yet, so the snow really overloaded the system.

Hang in there Dave. Hope you have the basement almost buttoned up.

We had about 8"-9" from about 7:00PM Saturday night until 7:00AM Sunday morning. Heavy, wet and like cement by the time we got the snowblower out. Amazingly, we didn't lose our power. It was sunny and near 50° today so it's more than half gone. It was the biggest October snow fall on record, the previous being 3.6" on October 22, 1969. Snowfall varied significantly. One town 17 miles to the southeast of us recorded 17".

We had a storm here back in October 4, 1987 that Dumped about 3 to 4 foot of snow on us. I ended up plowing the town road out with my old Allis K- 35 Bulldozer as it took everyone by supprize, and none of the highway departments were ready for such a freak storm. We lost power for about a week as I remember. Dandy Dave!

Well, you have probably not heard much from the CT "disaster area' in the past week. My home just got power last night and we are the only street in about a 3-5 square mile area of town. Where there are few big trees, liker the town center, they have been like normal since last Monday.

in are area, there was a constant drone of generators of all shaps and sizes. Some even powered some household devices from the 110v outlet in their cars designed for lap top recharging, etc. The near by college brought in 4 large flatbed mounted generators.

School will be out Monday and Tuesday again this week. The utility promised 99% of the dstate on by Midnight tonight,ut at 6 PM they changed that indicsating 30 towns (of 167, or so) would not make that schedule and some may be out until Wednesday.

I never thought I would see that many downed branches. Two of my neighbor's branches hit our gsarage, but no damge to the structure or inside. And the cars are safe. Some shingles and facade damaged, but not even any broken windows and one side of a shed has almost all windows, as a sun room for plants. Scavengers took most of the good wood for fireplsaces and wood stoves. uite a few deaths from fires and CO poision, so that was not good.

I am reasonably sure, most of our BCA people are safe, but I have not spoken to everyone yet.

John

Guest 4 bufords

i got my power back at noon today after over a week using my generator,went through lots of sunoco trying to warm up the house.didn't get anything done in the garage,4 bufords from ct