my 1962 LeSabre

Guest 62lesabre

Guest 62lesabre

Here are some pics of my 1962 LeSabre My parents gave it to me a year or so ago. They have had it for about 20 years it was purchased at an estate sale by my mom for $3500 it had 32000 orig miles on it, it has 34000 and change on it now so it has sat in a garage most of its life and it shows, its not prefect but its a nice driver. I recently used a clay bar on the paint and waxed it took the moldings and emblems off to clean them and wax under them my mom couldnt belive how good it looked when i was done

post-79357-143138681185_thumb.jpg

post-79357-143138681203_thumb.jpg

62 Lesabre, great car. Many thanks to Mom for giving it to you to preserve. It's always fun to see this era car in the basic form, especially since Buick was positioned to be an upscale marquee, and then realize just how beautiful they were in any format. May you have 100K trouble free driving miles with this baby.

Guest 62lesabre

Thanks for the comments guys. This car is as basic as they get i think, i does not have power steering, power brakes, radio or any other kind of options. It does have the 410 wildcat and dynaflow in it but im pretty sure that was the standard engine that came in the car. It runs great i love driving it and i always get compliments wherever i take it.

Guest 62lesabre

Here are some more pics of the engine and interior and the plaque on the trunk from the dealer. When time and money permits I plan on cleaning up the engine compartment and painting things that need it, i just want to preserve and maintain it not restore it, i dont think the cars to the point of needing a restore yet

post-79357-143138683217_thumb.jpg

post-79357-143138683236_thumb.jpg

post-79357-143138683252_thumb.jpg

post-79357-143138683268_thumb.jpg

hi, very nice survivor, does the heater core leak ?, i notice the copper used to bypass the heater. your car reminds me of my first car, a 1962 chevy impala sport sedan (4 door hardtop), it was black with a red interior, 235 6 and powerglide, only had power steering. charles coker, 1953 pontiac tech advisor.

Guest 62lesabre

I was leaking, i took it out and had it repaired i just havent had time to put it back in. Its been that way since my parents purchased it and it wasnt a big deal because it didnt get driven much and when it did it was in the summer when it was warm out

Guest my3buicks

Even as basic as that Buick is, back in 62 when the owner was driving down the street, jealous onlookers only saw Clyde & Mable driving a new shiny black Buick and wished they could have one also! It was a Buick, plain and simple.

Guest 62lesabre

Well said. Back then having a new car was a big deal even if it was just a plain one. Obviously This one was somones pride and joy because it was very well taken care of and i plan of doing the same till i pass it on to my son (if hes lucky:D)

Guest Rob McDonald

62LESABRE, unless your generous parents are in their nineties, you are probably a young guy and that's great to see in the hobby and on this forum. Your ambition to keep this great Plain Jane car original gets my solid vote of approval. Don't be afraid to put blackwalls on it, when it's eventually time for new tires.

Guest 62lesabre

I am kind of a young guy im 28. Ive always been into cars and i think we need to preserve things like this so we dont forget a time when cars had personality and they werent all just samped out of old beer cans, To be honest i would buy and old car to fix up and drive everyday before i would buy a new one. My parents knew that i would take care of it and i know it would break there hearts if i cut it up and hotrodded it or just parted it out, i hope that my son has the same love for old things like i do so i can pass it on to him and he can take care of it and love it like i do. I hate to see old cars that could be saved go to the crusher or get parted out but at least if they get parted that means somone else is trying to keep there old car going.

It had blackwalls on it when my parents got it and i put whitewalls on it because i just like whitewalls, Im probably one of the few kids my age that know what whitewalls are and like them :-)

Edited by 62lesabre (see edit history)

Guest Rob McDonald

There I go again - I forgot that whitewalls, even the skinny kind, are a rarity today. That's why it's refreshing to having a young one like you keeping us in touch with the real world out there.

Guest 62lesabre

Thanks guys for all the nice comments! Joining this forum has inspired me to start working on the car again, last night i reinstalled the heatercore i took out a few years ago to have repaired and i removed the clear plastic seat covers somone had installed becase they were falling apart, and i found in the glovebox registration cards back to 1971, i also seen in the owners manual folder that it was sold at Lee Buick in Perryman MD to a doctor in New Jersey when it was new im guessing from the date of the cards i found the people my parents got it from must have purchased it in 1971.

post-79357-143138686701_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
Guest Caribou
I am kind of a young guy im 28. Ive always been into cars and i think we need to preserve things like this so we dont forget a time when cars had personality and they werent all just samped out of old beer cans, To be honest i would buy and old car to fix up and drive everyday before i would buy a new one. My parents knew that i would take care of it and i know it would break there hearts if i cut it up and hotrodded it or just parted it out, i hope that my son has the same love for old things like i do so i can pass it on to him and he can take care of it and love it like i do. I hate to see old cars that could be saved go to the crusher or get parted out but at least if they get parted that means somone else is trying to keep there old car going.

It had blackwalls on it when my parents got it and i put whitewalls on it because i just like whitewalls, Im probably one of the few kids my age that know what whitewalls are and like them :-)

Hey there's one or two of us under-thirties out there.

Time and money seem to be short for our generation, maybe that's the problem. I'm trying to restrain myself from saving every old car I can and stuffing it into the garage, but I think I'm already pushing my luck with the woman.

Guest my3buicks

Just remember, most of us started young in this hobby - I joined the BCA at 19 and am now 51 so we have all been in your same shoes.

Still have the same car I joined the BCA with, and of course many others have come and gone since.

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

Just remember, most of us started young in this hobby - I joined the BCA at 19 and am now 51 so we have all been in your same shoes.

...and I joined when I was 20. I'm 44.

It's true that you can't spend as much on your toys when you are younger, but I still have my 55 Special that I joined the club with. I got around to spending money on it around nine years ago, and got a Senior Award. Enjoy driving them now.

Guest Redwind89

I joined when I was 23 years old (now 32) but have been around Buicks most of my life, thanks to my dad (JohnD1956). I don't have my 1st or 2nd Buick still but I've kept it to the same model and sub model at least.

• 1 month later...