Clamshell Headlight Documentation

Ron Luchene

can I join the party on this one? would be good to have this on hand.

Would you be happy enough to upload to megaupload.com?

that way it'll be up for a short period and you won't hafta keep responding to requests :cool:

otherwise, I'm at andrewplowright AT yah0o d0t c0m

has anyone purchased any of these books/manuals?

http://classicbuicks.com/Manual_57-76body.htm

http://classicbuicks.com/ShopManual.htm

seems they are copies/scans on CD. any better recommendations?

or use my ROA CD that summarises the articles?

just stocking up on anything that might help me when it comes to upkeep of my new Riv.

thanks!

Edited by whitewatersky (see edit history)

These adjustment instructions are just a small part of the instructions given in 1965 to the dealers in the Buick Dealer Service Bulletins.

I have scanned the entire 506 page set of 1965 Buick Dealer Service Bulletins as high quality PDF files. They take up 2 CDs to hold them all. I am selling them as a service to the ROA members for $12 plus postage to you. Domestic US postage is $5. International runs more.

I also have scans of all the '63 and '64 Dealer Service Bulletins, if those years of are interest to you, for $10 each (only 1 CD for each of them). No additional charge for postage if they are all mailed in the same package.

And, if you act now, I have the 1963 Buick Master Chassis Parts book scanned on CD for $10. This is actually indexed and searchable across all of the PDF files. Very handy to find something when you are not sure which Group GM has it in. Same deal on shipping: $5 for as many CDs as will fit in the package, when going to the US.

If you want any of these, I take PayPal. Send me an e-mail from the Forum and I'll send them to you.

...has anyone purchased any of these books/manuals?

57-76 Body Manuals

Shop Manuals

seems they are copies/scans on CD. any better recommendations?

or use my ROA CD that summarises the articles?

just stocking up on anything that might help me when it comes to upkeep of my new Riv.

thanks!

I have the chassis book - it's worth getting. I like to have the paper book in the shop. I suppose someday I'll have an old laptop that I use so it's portable and can use the cd versions. I have a pc, but it's all the way over there on the work bench... :D

Mike

p.s.

I'd also like the headlamp info - if you can send it to me pm.

Thanks again,

Mike

turns out there'll be some books in my Riv, which has just been loaded onto the truck (starting a new thread on the adventure it's about to take)

I'll check what more I need and get in touch if I need anything thanks Jim

As for the headlamp docs, click the MEGAUPLOAD link Ron has posted above. works a treat. just wait the 45 seconds, then click "Regular Download"

Edited by whitewatersky
typos (see edit history)

Guest Kahuna28

Hey Jim,

Is the service bulletins different than the service manual? If so I'm in for anything you have for a '65!!

Thanx,

Aaron

Hey Jim,

Is the service bulletins different than the service manual? If so I'm in for anything you have for a '65!!

Thanx,

Aaron

Oh, yes. The Dealer Service Bulletins were issued AFTER the service manual (Shop Manual) went to print.

It includes instructions on things to fix that left the factory wrong (we call them recalls today), it provides added guidance on how to fix or adjust things (like this headlight thing), it gives added warnings about things not to do when working on things, etc. It is mostly the result of customer complaints or dealers contacting Buick asking them how to fix something.

If you want the set for 1965, e-mail me your address at 63Riv at comcast dot net.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kahuna28

Thanx Jim, I got the Service Bulletins for the '65. A lot of cool info here I'd recommend it to anyone who services their own car (basically everyone here!!)... Looks like I'll be busy for a few days :D...

Aaron

• 3 weeks later...