'40 Lincoln grill part #

gdcont

Well that didn't generate any response. Lets try another way. Here is a picture of the grilles. If anyone can say for sure that they are a '40 grille and if the part number is somewhere on the grille I would appreciate it. I have them listed on ebay and if they are not original or not for a '40 Lincoln then I need to revise or cancel the auction. Thanks George.

post-43004-14313855233_thumb.jpg

I can tell you they are not '41's. The one's from my '41 sedan have a solid rim around the perimeter and are marked with a 16H8150/51 part number on the outer rim. If the '40's are so marked they would be 06H8150/51. I'm not so sure they're Zephyr grilles. See http://www.conceptcarz.com/view/photo/81140,1935/1940-Lincoln-Zephyr_photo.aspx.

Edited by DSpringer (see edit history)

Thanks for the replies. I spoke with Dave Cole this evening, he had a '40 grille in the garage and checked, there was no part # on it. He did mention that the '39 is similar to the '40. He is going to send a sheet with the size specs so I can match them up. A friend lives close by that has a '41 I'll see if I can match it with his. I realize that the '41 has piece around the outer edge of the grille but they are the same size and can be interchanged. If all else fails I'll run up to the New Hampshire LCOC meet in early June and figure it out there. Thanks George

Guest Ctskip

For sure 39 and 40 are the same grills. 41 is different and is different than any others, because of a metal piece that encompassed the perimeter of the entire piece. The one you have is definitely a 39 /40 grill. I have a friend who is looking for a 39 grill. He wants mine. The 41 will fit in a 39/40 and visa verse but the perimeters are different

Ctskip