Reatta Intercooler Setup

ReattaTType

I am now looking at routing an intercooler for my supercharged swap. Its a Series I L67 and they create a lot of heat as I am looking at creating more power. Supercharger pulley I have but the engine just runs too hot to be as efficient in creating power as i'd like.

I am just wondering if anybody has a picture of their car without the front bumper on it and if the headlights were removed that is perfect too. My car is a daily driver as well so I am not able to just remove the bumper and lights at any time. An intercooler will sit perfectly between the front bumper and rad, but the piping is the issue. I think I may be able to work it through a space in the front subframe, but it needs to be bigger which I can fabricate. Its under the snorkel on the drivers side. If anybody has any pictures that would be great. Thanks.

Thanks Ronnie, not exactly what I am looking for but I am playing around with the idea of routing it there, problem being the piping comes too close to wires and the headlight itself. There is an area just below that I felt might work, requires me to remove the windshield washer jug and relocate that. It is just below the snorkel there though. I figured if anybody had pictures while their car was stripped for paint or accident repair maybe. Thanks again though Ronnie, The Reatta is a bit tough for the routing because I don't want to touch the rad, etc.

I HAD the same problem. Too much heat. Here's what I did to resolve the problem.

(1) A larger aluminum radiator. All Aluminum, tanks and all) W/ 16 lb cap.

(2) Changed both fans to 12 bladed ones. With an override switch in the cabin.

(3) Installed a "SNOW Performance" Water/ menthol injection system.

(4) Installed an aluminum overflow tank.

My Supercharger is under driven and has the smallest pulley it can take.

I also changed the thermostat to a 180’.

Now it runs cool and even after some spirited exercise it is not overheating.

Jon..

Guest mongeonman

Last month i took a SC engine out of a Bonneville SSEI 1994 and it had 2 hoses going from the oil filter to one side of the radiator to cool the engine oil,i am going to reinstall it when i do the swap.

Just an idaea. There is a brand called Holden sold in Austrailia. There are water cooled seperators sold for their vesion of the supercharger. They seperate the supercharger from the engine and keep it much cooler than with out. I would look into it before your spend the time and effort on just the intercooler.

Holden Supercharged V6 Water-to-Air Intercooler + Billet Snout - CruisingBrisbane.com