Paint Mix Ratios

MochetVelo

Not trying to confuse you but you may have a reducer as one of the "additives".

The reducer is used as needed not just automatically poured in.

1-Paint

2-Activator also called hardener

3-Reducer add as needed to spray/ varies with temp and humidity

Just trying to save you a costly mistake.

Edited by msmazcol (see edit history)

Guest South_paw

If your cups or mixing stick goes to 8 in any ratio scale, simply use that one column to mix the paint.

Example.. pour the paint to the 6 in a column. STAY IN THE SAME column and pour part B to the 7, then pour part C to the number 8 in the same column. This will insure 6:1:1

I've heard good things about it. Was just at a body shop trade show this week. Talked to the PPG rep and he tells me that product is very similar to Valspar single stage which I have used. We like it a whole lot. If the PPG preforms as well you should be very happy.

Best of luck on your project.

Phil, The mixing of the color using weight is right. Its a method that provides consistency for the final color. When I tint and custom mix my base colors, I too use weight, using a digital postal cale set to grams and keep track of the amount and eventually arrive at cumulative numbers for each color. When it comes to mixing the paint and reducers & hardners, then its by volume. I too want to look into the PPG line. I was only aware of the Concept line. Maybe someone can expalin the differance between this DelFleet and Concept. Think both are single stage urethanes.

Chris

Guest billybird

I went to the grocery store and bought three nice glass measuring cups; one for each "ingreedient". I like the glass better than plastic because it seems to be a better and easier cleanup.

The first thing I noticed when I walked into the paint store was the wall-O-tints; dozens of colors used to mix the various paints. The standard paint lines must have over a hundred tints to mix. The less-expensive PPG Delfleet has much fewer tints, and is intended for fleet vehicles. Perhaps these hues more closely approach our old car colors which didn't have these exotic tints either.

Phil

• 8 years later...

Yup, a lot has changed in the paint world in 8 years. For the best advice contact PPG tech support. They are up to date on what their products do and don't intermix uses with. I've found them to be very helpful.

1-888- 9PPGPMC

Paul