FOR SALE :1937 Plymouth rumble seat roadster

Guest premo

Guest premo

1937 Plymouth Rumble seat Roadster Taking offers................

HERES THE GIST: Due to some issues...... I'm selling a cool rare vintage plymouth. The Plymouths body and floor are very solid there's a few small holes in the rumble seat pan but all in all a really solid body as good as you can find for a car this age. I was just planning to put a motor and tranny and drive it rough but looks like i'm going to have to pass this on to someone that appreciates the uniqueness of this rare plymouth. It has A TITLE ....But There is NO top, NO motor or transmission the white walls and convertible top cover in a few pictures were for mock up only. They Do Not come with the car.

HISTORY and DETAILS: I was told it was an old race car from the 40's-50's, so its got some race car stuff done to it Iooks to me like a two door cut into a roadster with the original front straight axle and frame. Here are a couple of things that make this plymouth a uniquiely one of a kind project...... The driver side door is leaded shut with the front clip leaded together so its a solid one peice from cowl to grill the fenders are free and have been widened 3" from stock. The frame is stock, the windshield pillars have been cut and leaded over. I have a few windshield options that will come with the car, plus a front bench seat and an original spare tire and wheel. The body is channeled 7", so the rear fenders have been bumped up for the suspension travel. I have a few 37 chevy rear fenders that will come with the car if you want? there is a front grill and a few other misc. parts. There is a cut out on the passenger side where i was told they would hang sand bags when racing around the track. All this stuff is workable. Please remember This is a roller project. it can be picked up from Portland, Ore 97216 just taking offers now have been offered trades and $$$$ but things fel through. Had it sold but the guy couldent come up with the money. let me know if we could work something out thanks I have alot more pictures so get back to me !!! What i'm interested in chevy 1963 409 motor's and 1959-1960 cadillac coupes or custom led sleds????

post-70361-143138484805_thumb.jpg

post-70361-143138484808_thumb.jpg

post-70361-14313848481_thumb.jpg

post-70361-143138484812_thumb.jpg

I have seen this thing on Ebay a couple of times. I dont remember what the number was, but had no offers.

A strange piece with not much value.

I disagree. I think it has value as a period custom but it would require some pictures to show what it looked like in it's race car configuration. A worthwhile project for someone that likes that stuff.

Guest premo

Dont know when you checked ebay? Jack M

I had over 3,220 people look at it with over 50 watchers. And 4 different bidders But a car is only worth what someones willing to pay for it. As for it being.... not worth much. The potential is there. There was a guy just the other day on e-bay trying to sell a true 1937 rumble seat plymouth cabriolet with a camaro front clip and chev 350 that wasent running it needed as much work as my 37 to get up and get going and he was asking $17,500 just for the project. and i'm not making that up. He diden't sell it so who knows??? looks like ill be trading this one sooner than later . Thanks

If I recall correctly it was listed a couple of times in the not to distant past.

Didnt mean any slams here, just not much value to me.

I see over priced stuff on there every day, I guess if the 37 cabrolet has a Camaro clip it cant really be a 'true' anything.

Guest premo

Sorry, it was a "true" cabriolet body !

Anyway everyone is entitled to there options this is a great site..... All I'm asking for is if your interested in the car. Just make an offer..... if your not, or if don't like the car , or you think its a piece of sh*&%

cool don't offer and go to the next thread.

If you've seen it from time to time on ebay, craigslist great and you wanna make an offer then great go ahead...... but "If not" Just Start a new thread or something and tell everyone what you think of this car. All this was, was to put my car out for offers...... If I wanted your opinion I would have asked for it.

And started a cappie jack what do you think of this Plymouth thread. Well I guess that's what's its called now!! Thanks

I saw a guy in Los Angeles salvage a 1937 Plymouth convertible that was a "playground toy" and buried up to the rockers in dirt...fairly stripped. It came out beautifully and was well worth saving. It was in way worse condition than this one. The guy who restored it was by no means a rich guy. I think that this one is restorable or at least worth saving as for what it was...a race car. There were only 3, 110 of these built. The "wanted" price quoted to me was a wee bit steep, but that is what we do...make offers.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

I've got to say I see just another butchered "coupster". If this car ever was an actual convertible coupe all evidence of it has been whacked off! The windshield, dash, cowl, top of the doors and quarters are all missing if they were ever there. It would be cheaper to buy a coupe and start over than try to reconvert this back. And I think someone was sandbagged with that sandbag racer story.

Howard Dennis

Guest premo

Ass holes, their like opinions everyone's got one thanks for your offer?......... errrrrrrrrr I mean your two cents, with the inflation we got in this country it's sure worth a lot.

Guest premo

Thanks Guys,

Ill I was doing was looking to see if there were any OFFERS on this site?

Some people were cool and others weren't and they had to ***** and moan about the car. I love cars as much as a lot of people on this site, I never said it was an original non chopped top car I would of sent as many pictures as possible to anyone that was interested in the car. Yes It had a lot of "butchered" but fixable stuff done back in the 40's "look at the ad people"!!!!!! but just getting on and slamming the car didn't sit well with me. That's fine.... you could say anything you want, you know what I said about opinions. But you want me to just shut up about it ! I don't think so! the only way I'll shut up is if you JUST MOVE ON.... DON'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT ME OR THE CAR AND IF THERE IS "NO" OFFER or COMMENTS then I will shut up too. AND YES, I can go anyplace EBAY Craigslist . I just thought I would try here.

REMEMBER:

If you weren't going to offer anything or you feel that buying a rumble seat coupe and chopping the top off was easier and cheaper then go out and do it who's stopping you. Simple as that. THIS HAS BEEN FUN THOUGH :DCHEERS!!!

Guest premo

Well, I'm glad you liked it Keizer 31 by the way I re-read your post again and missed something the first time. did you say that only 3 of the 110 were produced? could you shed a little more light on that Thanks

Well, I'm glad you liked it Keizer 31 by the way I re-read your post again and missed something the first time. did you say that only 3 of the 110 were produced? could you shed a little more light on that Thanks

Sorry to confuse...I accidentally added a space. According to my Plymouth book, there were 3,110 (three thousand, one hundred and ten) of this model made.

post-37352-143138490851_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Guest premo

Great picture and info, Thanks Keizer!

Hey keizer would you happen to have the total production of a 1937 hard top rumble seat coupe production numbers in that book?

hwellens: Would this picture help, at all ?

post-70361-143138490878_thumb.jpg

Thank you Sir ! by the way are you going to the portland swap meet? at all at the end of this month ?

I had planned to go, but I do not think we are going to make it. Lost our place that we were going to stay, so it probably will not be worth it to me to go, now. My wife is a little skittish about taking her '97 Buick Skylark up there since it broke down there last year.