Pay Pal

27dodger0

General question:: What is the logic in only taking bids on e-bay items with Pay Pal? It appears to me that a lot of folks, me included can never bid. Case in point, item 120685100563. He has had no bids, and I cannot go to him with a question, as he has this access blocked. Any help appreciated!!

General question:: What is the logic in only taking bids on e-bay items with Pay Pal? It appears to me that a lot of folks, me included can never bid. Case in point, item 120685100563. He has had no bids, and I cannot go to him with a question, as he has this access blocked. Any help appreciated!!

Ebay's way of running/ruining things, in my opinion. It is soooo much more difficult to deal with Ebay, that I have about given up selling old car stuff there. If the guy's name is "blocked" as you say, I guess there is not much you can do. Let me try something...

Mmmm...I just sent the seller a question, so he is NOT blocked from messages. When you go to send a question and they ask you a list of questions, you must check the circle "other" and go from there.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Ebay's way of running/ruining things, in my opinion. It is soooo much more difficult to deal with Ebay, that I have about given up selling old car stuff there. If the guy's name is "blocked" as you say, I guess there is not much you can do. Let me try something...

Mmmm...I just sent the seller a question, so he is NOT blocked from messages. When you go to send a question and they ask you a list of questions, you must check the circle "other" and go from there.

Thanks Keiser! You some how got thru, but I tried that "other" numerous times with no luck. Never got to ask him why he only wants Pay Pal. Appreciate your reply!

I thought e-bay still gave you the one and only choice of taking paypall?? Its been a while since I sold anything there so maybe the rules have changed again

Guest MARTINOS1

paypal is nothing more than a guarantee that the seller gets his money first b4 shipping anything. i have a store ..MARTINOSPARADISE. try to go to the sellers my world and then email him..this just might work.just a sugestion...and good luck its a nice buy...

It's up to the seller (not eBay) to specify what forms of payment they will accept. Many sellers have been burned in the past so they like the extra security of using PayPal since it functions like a checkcard drawing from a pre-approved bank account.

When I sell on eBay I always list PayPal as ONE option, but, if the item is low in value, I will usually accept bank checks, money orders, and sometimes even personal checks. For cars I would insist on a bank-to-bank transfer unless the buyer showed up with cash in hand.

If I remember correctly, eBay will only allow PayPal for down payments on cars with a maximum of $2000, but that may have changed(?) since I last looked.

The seller can also decide who he wants to block from his auctions. This action also normally prevents the buyer from contacting the seller. The seller can control this communication issue though. See below:

eBay - "Blocking bidders and buyers

If you don't want to sell to certain members, you can put their user IDs on your blocked list. Members on the list can’t bid on any of your listings until you remove them from the list. You can block up to 5,000 user IDs. By default, these members also won't be able to contact you about your listings, but you can change this setting by following the instructions in the Setting up buying requirements."

Not at all saying this is your issue but just another thing that can block communications with sellers.

Good luck. :(

I wrote the seller and this is what he had to say...

Yes, I will accept a different payment method. Specifically, cashier's check (only after it has been cleared) or cash.

Thank you for your interest, and have a great rest of the weekend.

Best regards,

Americo Laires