Hello!

Guest Clout

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and wanted to say hello! I inherited a 1968 Chrysler Newport 2 DR hardtop, 383. And have always loved this car! My Grandfather owned this and was the second owner. This car meant the world to him.

I am looking to restore it.

Any tips on where to locate hard to find parts would be greatly appreciated.

Guest my3buicks

Welcome, I also have my Granddads car, a 67 Buick.

You may want to join the Chrysler Club, on down the list of forums is the Chrysler forum, that would be a great place to nose around in if you haven't already.

And EBAY is a great place to find parts for your car.

Hello Clout, welcome aboard! I have always thought the 1968 Chrysler was a sharp looking big car. Todd

Thanks and I agree...all 19 feet

Welcome, I also have my Granddads car, a 67 Buick.

You may want to join the Chrysler Club, on down the list of forums is the Chrysler forum, that would be a great place to nose around in if you haven't already.

And EBAY is a great place to find parts for your car.

Thank you....where's the Chrysler Club?

Welcome Aboard Matey. :D We had a neighbor who had a 1968 New Yorker years ago. I always liked the look of that car. It was painted a golden yellow with a vinyl roof.

Push on the "AACA Forums" above and search down the list. Dandy Dave!

Guest Double M

Welcome aboard! :)

I'm a Mopar man too. I've owned 4 Dodge Darts, A 66 Coronet 500 Conv, a 95 Neon Sport Coupe and even a a 99 Jeep! Mopar parts are alot easier to find today than they were years ago.

But I am also a Buick guy & have owned a 1963 Skylark, 69 GS400, 1970 LeSabre and now a Reatta...

• 4 months later...
Guest Clout

Thanks to all who have replied, I appreciate it.

Parts I need...hmm

Small window cranks for front and back

Interior quarter panels- black

Black plastic that surrounds the rear interior lights

Wiper switch

Newport/emblem embedded in grille

And any tips on where I can obtain parts to convert the manual brake system to power with disc

First of all congratulations on having a fine car. The Chryslers with torsion bar suspension, were one of the best road cars of their day.

The drum brakes are perfectly OK for normal use. But if you really want to convert to disc brakes, the spindles from a later model Chrysler or Dodge will bolt on.

Disc brakes were available in 1968 as an option but they are an obsolete design. The 1972 and newer style are better and easier to get parts for.

A hot rod forum or Mopar Action magazines web site should have the details.