Ok guys, I need your help big time!

Guest Wicked V6

Guest Wicked V6

I bought this 1937 Buick Century few weeks back. The car is a basket case to say the least. I always liked the 1937-1938 Buicks and I want to stuff a Buick Grand National power train in it.

This car has a lot of rust the engine block is cracked and few things are missing but it is 95 percent complete. What's missing are the lights and trims mainly. My plan is to use a G body frame 1981-1987 Regal frame I can deal with all these things so far.

<O:p

Now the major issue, well I think it is for anyone. I have a title for a 1937 Buick but it doesn't match with any numbers on the vehicle.<O:p

The title reads VIN 64287107<O:p

The tag on the frame reads 3129146<O:p

The numbers of the plate on the passenger side fire wall reads<O:p

Buick motor co.<O:p

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:City alt=</st1:City>Flint <st1:State w:st="on">Mich</st1:State></ST1:p

1937 model<O:p

Style No 374619<O:p

Body 8550<O:p

Trim No 309<O:p</O:p

Paint No 504

Guest Wicked V6

I also want to add the fact that; I think the car was blue at one point but now its black and rusty<O:p

So, guys what do I have here a car with a wrong title? How can I check to make sure the car is not stolen? The car came from WI and I am in IL. The car has an IL title that was issued back in 1970 I believe. According to the guy that I bought from is willing to give me my money back and just part it out.<O:p

Only cool thing I see on this car is it has dual side mounts and complete except one of the sign is missing. I have pics and I will try to post them tomorrow.

Thanks

Prasad<O:p

I bought this 1937 Buick Century few weeks back. The car is a basket case to say the least. I always liked the 1937-1938 Buicks and I want to stuff a Buick Grand National power train in it.

This car has a lot of rust the engine block is cracked and few things are missing but it is 95 percent complete. What's missing are the lights and trims mainly. My plan is to use a G body frame 1981-1987 Regal frame I can deal with all these things so far.

Now the major issue, well I think it is for anyone. I have a title for a 1937 Buick but it doesn't match with any numbers on the vehicle.<O:p

The title reads VIN 64287107<O:p

The tag on the frame reads 3129146<O:p

The numbers of the plate on the passenger side fire wall reads<O:p

Buick motor co.<O:p

<?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com><st1:City alt=</st1:City>Flint <st1:State w:st="on">Mich</st1:State></ST1:p

1937 model<O:p

Style No 374619<O:p

Body 8550<O:p

Trim No 309<O:p</O:p

Paint No 504

Check your engine number on the block down behind the distributor. Colorado almost made me use that number, till some folks told me where to find the aluminium plate on the frame.

Mike

Guest Wicked V6

Yep I found it last night. It is indeed the numbers of the engine block. After talking with David Tacheny, he told me to look on the Engine block and I found it.

Thanks for the Reply!!

Prasad

Guest Wicked V6

Ok, after speaking to 4 different departments of the Secretary of State, I was give a number to call and have an officer come out and verify the numbers on the vehicle. They will assign a tag for the body to match the number on the title. This way, even if I change the motor which I have to anyway because the block is cracked, the title will always match the car. I can't seem to get a hold of any one at the district that my county belongs to right now. I just hope that after the holidays someone will answer the phone.

You guys have a Happy New Year and may God bless you all.

Thanks for all the help.

Prasad

Guest Wicked V6
Prasad,

Kind of funny about you buying a '37 rot bucket Buick in WI. I bought mine in Peoria and brought it to WI. You car sounds like it's in about the same shape as mine. Check out my web site:

1937 Buick Special Page

Very nice Bob, you give me hope!!! Mine is in way worse shape that yours. I hope that people like you and other here can help me bring this rot bucket back alive.

Thanks

Prasad