New to the DB forum...Hello to all!

Guest R-ajax peterson

Guest R-ajax peterson

I just bought a 1931 DH. I am really excited to see my car, as I bought it by pics only. Maybe I should have said nervous rather than excited. A little of both I guess.

My first question, is regarding the brakes. The car, to my understanding, is mostly original..as in unrestored. Should I install a new, two resevoir master cylinder before driving. If not what "check list" should I go over before tooling around the neighborhood.

Thanks in advance,

Rick

Join the Dodge Brothers Club.$ 25 a year-6 issues of magazine. Contact Lester Hoffmann, Dodge Bros. Club. P.O. Box1648, Cambridge, OH 43725

Guest R-ajax peterson

Thanks Jack, I will send off my check to join the Dodge Brothers Club. :)

Car is a Roadster, so the only glass is the windshield and little window in back of canvas top.

Oh man, that's the first real '31 DH6 roadster I have ever seen! BEAUTIFUL car!! Where are you located? I would love to get together with you and compare notes on our cars. From the look of the car, you don't need a thing as far as parts go.

Guest R-ajax peterson

Thanks for the encouragement, and compliments. I am in Charlotte NC. Car is comeing from PA, Philly area. Comeing in enclosed trailer early next week.

Rex: I live in Conover, NC and have a '29 DA Sport Roadster-dual side mounts.

I would be glad to have you visit. T Jack Carpenter, DB Club member # 7. email: nelsoncarpenter@ charter.net

Guest R-ajax peterson

Thanks for the props on the car. No buyer's remorse here, however, still regret not buying a 1930 Chrysler 77 in Alabama - but I just love this DH and will take great care of it. As many of you have suggested, I am going to keep this car totally original and well maintained. This car deserves the best care - the previous owner has done a fabulous job, and I am comitted to keeping it in excellent condition and it is now my duty to preseve it for the next generation. Hopefully I can do it justice, and if my wife does not disown me, I may keep it in my living room - otherwise it will have to go into the climate controlled garage. All help/suggestions/comments are appreciated & welcome! Many thanks in advance.

Guest R-ajax peterson

Keiser, Don't be jealous. This car belongs to all of us that have loved, dreamed about ,and cared for these cars since we we're very young. I am no more than a temporary carekeeper. As are we all. We have something that is so much fun and a souce of conviction and pride. Keepers of the manufacturing pride of our ancestors. Rust buckets to V-16's....its basically the same.

fantastic car! I saw it on Craigs list but couldn't get my wallet out fast enough. $22,500.00 was a steal.

Man...that's not like you to miss one like that. Hey, Bob, there's a guy looking for a 1929 Chrysler '75' roadster on here, somewhere.