63 LeSabre 38K miles $2500

lancemb

I tried getting at least $3000 on Ebay but it didn't go so I thought I'd offer it up here in case someone didn't see it there. I'll take $2500, but that's about as low as I will go. The engine alone should be worth at least close to that with such low miles (although the car is so nice overall it would almost be a crime to part it). I hope a fellow Buick lover can buy and appreciate this car.

1963 Buick LeSabre with 37,968 original miles. This car has been in the family since 1981. My mother drove it when I was a kid for about a year and a half and then it was parked in the garage for many years. One time during that short time she drove it, it was sitting in the driveway and got snowed on one day when my sister decided to be helpful and clean the car off. The only problem was that she used a snow shovel, and that is how the paint got scraped off of parts of it in many places. After many years sitting in the garage my father got the car running again, only to park it in a barn right afterward; this was about 10 years ago or so. I got the car out last year and got it running and driving once again. I did a lot of work to the car because I wanted to keep it, but I need the space badly.

Mechanical: I have not cleaned up the engine compartment since getting the car out of the barn. The engine still wears its original paint and the air cleaner has the original silk-screened decals. This car has only been driven about 20 miles since being removed from the barn. I drove it 5 miles within the last few weeks It will definitely need exhaust as it's really loud, but nothing is hanging down underneath. I noticed the fuel gauge isn't working, although it was last year. Besides that, it shouldn't need much mechanically as almost everything has been done. Since summer 2009 the car has had the carburetor rebuilt, starter rebuilt, new belts, radiator hoses, water pump, antifreeze flush and fill, battery, oil & filter change, new brake master cylinder, wheel cylinders, most brake lines, fuel pump & filter, ignition wires, Pertronix electronic ignition installed to replace the old points/condenser (I have the points/condenser in the glovebox if you want to change it back - the distributor was not modified). The engine runs strong and the car stops like new.

Body: This car has only surface rust except for two small areas that I could find - the lower front fender on the driver side, and there was some touch up work decades ago on by the back of the rear driver door. The rest of the car is the original paint I believe; I could find no other signs of repaint anyplace. Last year I saw the car on a lift, and the underside looked very solid with only surface rust; most of the underside was undercoated so it was well protected. There are only a couple of small dings and the body is otherwise very straight. Most of the chrome is very nice with little to no pitting. The headlight bezels have more pitting for some reason, but these are easy to come by in nice condition. All glass is good. The trunk is solid and in great shape with all original padding and the jack is like new.

Interior: The interior is very nicely preserved overall. There is a stained area on the front seat fabric that could probably be cleaned out. The carpet is worn a bit under the front mat. There is a small crack in the front of the dash pad. The ashtray in front doesn't stay up in the dash by itself and hangs open, and the wiper knob is missing ($14 for NOS at BuickFarm.com). Otherwise, it looks pretty nice from what I could tell and could just use a bit of cleaning.

Car is in NW Indiana

If interested Email lancemb48@hotmail.com or call 586-260-8993

post-30750-143138366949_thumb.jpg

post-30750-143138366952_thumb.jpg

post-30750-143138366955_thumb.jpg

post-30750-143138366958_thumb.jpg

post-30750-143138366961_thumb.jpg

post-30750-143138366965_thumb.jpg

post-30750-143138366968_thumb.jpg

post-30750-143138366971_thumb.jpg

post-30750-143138366974_thumb.jpg

post-30750-143138366977_thumb.jpg

Edited by lancemb
Add pics (see edit history)

I crawled underneath and took pics this morning and I could find no rust through anywhere underneath; it's very solid. Only spots with rust starting to come through on whole car are lower ds fender and ds rear door and I tool close ups of those areas. I also checked the numbers on the engine and verified that they match the tags on thre car.

For full disclosure, I did notice that the power steering starting leaking while sitting. I must have made the old hose crack a bit from driving it recently! I also found there is a small spot on top of rear seat that is coming apart at the seam.

Also, the car now has 37,971 miles. I would have put a couple more on it but it was snowing!

I wanted to post the underneath pics on here but they are too large as they are much higher resolution. I'll try to shrink them or post them somewhere else with a link tomorrow perhaps...

A friend and I were looking the other day - is the rear seat torn, or is that some sort of reflection?

I don't know all the designations, so I'm not sure which variant the Wildcat 410 engine is. Is it a 2 or 4 bbl? I would imagine it is either the low compression 4-bbl or high compression 2-bbl, but I'm not sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest sintid58

$2500 for this car seems pretty reasonable. For someone that wants a nice starter car it should be great. I would probably jump at it if I had time room and a little extra cash right now. Mama is going to have to hold me down once I get my new garage and we get moved if I get a little extra cash.

• 2 months later...