HELP ID THIS CAR!

Guest Tetei

Hi everybody !

I have 10 years with this car and I am ready to start restoring it !

The problem is that I do not know what do I have !

I have search photos over the web and nothing looks like it !

Specially because the divided windshield !

I will appreciate your help identifying it and any advice or suggestion you may have.

post-71287-14313834153_thumb.jpg

post-71287-143138341532_thumb.jpg

post-71287-143138341534_thumb.jpg

post-71287-143138341535_thumb.jpg

post-71287-143138341536_thumb.jpg

It might be better to find another one just like it and use the one you have for parts if you want to restore it back to original,it looks to be sitting on a Ford model A chassis and drivetrain. You will need alot of parts to put it back like it came from the factory but can be done with plenty of time and money,you will need a complete parts car for that one.

It might be better to find another one just like it and use the one you have for parts if you want to restore it back to original,it looks to be sitting on a Ford model A chassis and drivetrain. You will need alot of parts to put it back like it came from the factory but can be done with plenty of time and money,you will need a complete parts car for that one.

Good eye!

The body looks good but its just missing way too many of the original parts for a restoration back to original and would be best for a hot rod project or parts,since the poster did not know what it was that tells me it does not have a title so that might be a problem depending on the state its in. My suggestion would be to find another 32? Chrysler that is complete and has a title but has a body thats not worth restoring and combine the two.

The body looks good but its just missing way too many of the original parts for a restoration back to original and would be best for a hot rod project or parts,since the poster did not know what it was that tells me it does not have a title so that might be a problem depending on the state its in. My suggestion would be to find another 32? Chrysler that is complete and has a title but has a body thats not worth restoring and combine the two.

Or find a Model A Ford body and go with the majority of the parts for a cheaper restoration.

IT HAS BEEN VERY HELPFUL ALL THE INFORMATION AND COMENTS YOU HAVE POSTED.

AT FIRST I WAS VERY EXCITED KNOWING AT LAST THE NAME OF MY NEW PROJECT: “1932 CHRYSLER IC” . I DID SOME RESEARCH OVER THE INTERNET, BOUGHT 2 BOOKS: CHRYSLER MASTER PARTS BOOK AND MOPAR MODEL PART AND SERIAL NUMBER GUIDE.

THEN MEMBER JUNKYARDJEFF (THANKS FOR YOUR TIME) MADE A WISELLY COMENT ABOUT THE CHASSIS. A FORD CHASSIS. !!

THAT DETAIL DESAPOINT ME AT THE BEGINNING, NO WONDER I COULD NOT FIGURE OUT WHAT TYPE OF CAR DID I HAVE, BECAUSE AS I MENTION ON MY FIRST POST, I LOOK AT LOTS OF PHOTOS AND MADE SOME RESEARCH AND FOUND NOTHING SIMILAR.

HAVING A CHASIS WITH A 4 CYLINDER ENGINE WITH SERIAL NUMBER STARTING WITH LETER “A” WAS TELLING ME IS A FORD MODEL A, AND LOOK ALL THE MODELS FROM 1928-1931….BRIGGS, MURRAYS, 160-B, ETC.. AND NOTHING…

NEVER THOUGT I HAVE A, LET’S CALL IT “crossbreed” or “hybrid” CAR.

AS YOU RECOMMEND I HAVE TWO OPTIONS:

GET A CHASSIS FOR A CHYSLER OR GET A BODY FOR THE MODEL A, BUT

WHAT ABOUT KEEPING IT AS IT IS.

AS THING TURN OUT, I DECIDED FOR THIS PROJECT NOT TO REBUILD A FULL ORIGINAL NOR A HOT ROD.

A CLASSIC LOOK WITH WHAT I HAVE ! TENDING TO LOOK LIKE A 1930 FORD MODEL A TOWN SEDAN !

I BELIEVE THERE ARE PLENTY OF MODEL “A” PARTS AND AT A LOWER PRICE THAN CHRYSLER.

A CAR TO BE DRIVEN BUT NOT TO WIN AWARDS, I’M AWARE OF THAT !

WITH ALL YOUR EXPERIENCE AND KNWOLEDGE WHAT IS YOUR ADVISE !

WILL I BE ABLE TO FIT THE BODY (COWL) TO THE RADIATOR WITH A FORD “ENGINE COVER “? OR DO I NEED TO MAKE IT AT A SHOP ?

IS IT WORTH THE EFFORT !

BY THE WAY DEAR ROCKETTRAIDER, I LIVE IN THE SONORAN DESERT ON THE NORTHWEST PART OF MEXICO AND SADDLY IT IS NOT EASY TO GET THIS TYPE OF CARS ! ACTUALLY IS HARD TO FIND A RESTORED 1920’ 1930’S. HAVE DETECTED ONLY 4 IN TOWN ! 1,000,000 INHABITANTS & 180,000 VEHICLES

You can build two cars out of what you have,find a model A body for the chassis and the chrysler body could possibly be sat on any of the Mopar brands chassis. The Chrysler body is just too long for that chassis to fit a model A hood and fenders without severly cutting them up to go with the flow of the body,the easiset and cheapest way to get it going would be to find a model A body and fenders and then set the Chryser body aside untill you can find the parts to put the Chrysler back togather.