Jr. Series Running Board Rubber

Steve_Mack_CT

Time to think about winter projects. One way or another I need running board mats. I understand Steele stopped producing running booard rubber for the 39 (and perhaps 38) Jr. series a while ago, production problems of some type?

Anyway, I am planning to contact them and before I do I would be interested to know if anyone else would be seriously interested in buying a set, if I could say multiple people would be interested, perhaps they would be more inclined to revisit the project.

I don't know what makes these any more difficult than other products but will ask that also.

Thanks

There is some success on 41 and 42 using rubberize bedliners spray on. if your had ribs, then you need mats. I have spare set for 42-42 upto 138 inch wheel base if some needs a set. they down work on my 148 inch wheelbase car.

Guest Silverghost

Steele seems to have stopped making various rubber parts for many of the older cars.

I suspect there is not that much demand any more to jusify them making another parts run.

Perhapps if you could find others who could order along with you they might consider making another parts production run ?

Edited by Silverghost (see edit history)

Thanks guys - Brad, that is exactly my strategy here.

I am aware of the Rhino Liner route but not mine are ribbed (although the steel underneath is shaped that way); will do this if necessary but would spring for the proper mats if I can get them. The Jr. cars are pretty plentiful, so I am hoping to get some interest - I think I need to post on Packard Info & the PAC sites also.