The Automotive adventure of a life time...

Dandy Dave

I had quite an eventful week. I have been helping a friend with a 1929 Pierce Arrow getting it ready for a trip to Wood Stock, Vermont that he and his wife will be attending. Very cool old car. but the real kicker was when his neighbor pulled in his yard across the street with another Pierce. A 1933 V-12. I walked over to say hello and take a few photos and ask if we could open the hood. He did and there was a fuel leak where an in line filter was added. The two rubber lines were badly dry rotted. Lucky it did not get a spark and burn. You can see it in the engine photo by the steering box. I grabed some tools, replaced the line, with a piece the owner had in stock, and got to go for a ride. And then an offer to drive it back a few miles. Now this is livin the high life. And these Peirce Guys, They don't play around with dollars, no sir, they stuck a $10 In my Speedo just for not scraching the paint. :cool: Dandy Dave!

post-44142-143138281947_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143138281967_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143138281987_thumb.jpg

Buckles and Buttons scratch the paint and other surfaces. Speedos don't baby. :D Besides that, there is not a lot of loose clothing to get caught on anything when you slide underneath to fix stuff. Actually I find it quite comfortable also. Try it, you might like it. :cool:Dandy Dave!

I have a feeling I'm gonna be sorry I asked, but do you always wear a Speedo when you work on old cars?

I guess you missed the photo he posted, I think it was last year, of him mowing his yard in his red, white and blue patriotic Speedo. :eek: :cool:

It appears the model prefers to pose on the "Hollywood side" (in front of the vehicle pictured) as opposed to the "Detroit Side" (the car is in front of the model this way, according to the interviews with Packard stylists I recently read...)

Seriously, I agree on avoiding belt buckles, etc. when possible, Dave. The smile says it all, I am sure it was a great way to spend a summer afternoon!!

If Dave in a speedo makes your eyes pop out, you should see the rest of the collection that the V-12 Pierce owner has....... makes Dave look like a lady in a burka......

If Dave in a speedo makes your eyes pop out, you should see the rest of the collection that the V-12 Pierce owner has....... makes Dave look like a lady in a burka......

Tis true, This 1933 Pierce lives a very happy life with many more, and the owner is a true gentlemen. Dandy Dave!