1982 Riviera glove Box latch catch.

Dandy Dave

Anyone know if this is correct for a 1982 Riv Convertible? The one on the right is the one that came off of my car but is Broken. The one on the left is the replacement that was sent with a replacment glovebox insert but it will not "bolt up" to the dash and it hangs down too far anyway. All the other parts are the same. glove box insert, light and switch, trunk release button, door latch, door strap. Also, does anyone have a good replacement, or know where I can get whatever is correct? Thanks, Dandy Dave!

post-44142-143138270231_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143138270249_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143138270265_thumb.jpg

post-44142-143138270281_thumb.jpg

The one on the right is identical to the one that was broken on my 84. I got a replacement through the parts department at a Buick dealership a couple of years ago. At that time, I was told that there were still several available around the country. All you need is someone who is willing to do a little digging.

You could also check with Daves89 - he has some good pick-n-pull yards near him and may be able to find you a good one. Dave is a real straight arrow - no worries dealing with him.

The problem is that I sent the wrong striker to Dave. Never saw one like the one Dave wants replaced. I just wanted to be sure that it was the correct latch to the Riv...

As I emailed Dave, I will go look again. If it's there, it will be found...

The plastic part is good on mine. It is the steel part that is broken and cobbed, and the adjusting screw that is missing. looks like all 3 NOS latches have been sold. :( The search is on...Dandy Dave!