I'm a Riviera Man now....

Dandy Dave

Say Gang, I just bought my first Riviera, A 1982 Red Convertible and Joined the Riviera Club. :D Just a few questions. My Riviera has wire wheel hub caps and I do not have the correct wench/key to remove/ install them? A previous owner took the centers that bolt to the wheel off and placed them in the trunk so I have them.

When I drive it, I can hear the centerbolts clanking around. Can anyone tell me where to get the wrench, or at least a part number for it so that I can put the centers back and bolt the wire wheel hub caps back in place correctly. Also, The inside part of the glovebox latch is missing, the part that the door latch clicks to. Where about to get one with retaining hardware. Thanks, Dandy Dave!

post-44142-143138255755_thumb.jpg

Dave,

There are a number of different keys. They can be indentified by looking for a letter stamped into the end of the bolt. I have a couple of old keys, but I'm not sure what the numbers are - who knows, we may get lucky. Five years ago, you could still get them at the dealership.

Do you have at least three of the special lug nuts on each wheel?

You'll probably have to find a latch from a car in a salvage yard. Daves89 can probably help you there; he knows where a bunch of these cars are sitting. Watch other threads for his handle and send him a PM.

Ed

Guest wildcat465

Dandy, welcome to the world of Rivownership. Dave89 is dee man for parts, he does have quite the trove of 79-85's near him to pick from. Highly recommended.

Thanks fellas. Oh yes, and it is all Mr. Earls fault that I now have a Riviera Converible..... He put a li'l ol bug in my ear and it bit, then I looked on eBay and there it was.... I bid.....not thinking that I would ever land it....and Bingo. Next thing I know I am a Rivi Nut. ;) It sure looks sexy along side of my 1915 C-36 and my 96 Century Custom...... I'll check the number on the end of the stud. Dandy Dave!

I looked and the stud has the letter "L". There are three slots in it with a round head. The wheels have some long nuts and some short nuts that hold them. It has been a while, but I do remember the nuts with a recess are the ones where the centers go. Thanks for the memory jog. ;) The next project looks like a heater core as it is disconnected. I have a new one on order from my local NAPA, but it looks like fun to install. Will PM you daves89 with a list of wanteds later when I compile one. Thanks, :D Dandy Dave!

Here I am a Reatta man and I bird dog for the Riv. folk! Problem is that there are no Reattas in the yards I go to, but as this is a Buick area there are a number of Rivs here.

I will help you all I can... Thanks for the endorsement.

BTW there is still that verrrry nice red leather interior available. If you need an interior I wouldn't pass it up... Other then the visor I pulled for someone on this site it is an unmolested car, and still closed up against the elements.

I have a heater core that needs to be done too. Good thing I already have the glove box and radio out. I'm maybe an 1/8th done...

I remember working on an Olds Cutlas??? I think... about this vintage years ago. 17 hours to install the heater core. This looks very similer. I knowed what you and I is up against. :P.... Just keep telling yourself your having fun! :)....:D Dandy Dave!