Sad News

rivgs

I just received a message that Tom Liddy passed away this morning. Tom was the director of the Fireball chapter and the proud owner of a beautiful 59 Invicta 2 door hardtop and his project 59 convertible. Please remember him and his wife Sally in your prayers.

R.I.P. buddy

I've been out of sorts since I got the Gopher State e-mail this afternoon. Tom was good people and will definitely be missed. I'm glad they came out to the Spring show in St. Paul where I got to chat a bit one last time.

Sally is a very nice lady. Suzanne and the boys had bonded with the Liddy's.

Thank you, Derek, for letting me know about this via e-mail earlier today.

I first met Tom and Sally when we traveled together as part of a caravan to Flint in 2003 for the Buick Centennial. I was privileged to park alongside them there, and it was great to be with them again last summer in Colorado Springs.

As I've mentioned today on our '59 Buick forum, Tom was one of the finest people I've ever met in the old car hobby. He was a storehouse of knowledge, and I always appreciated his contribution to the '59 Division. I looked to him for help with many decisions about Division business and plans for the Colorado Springs '59 Buick 50th anniversary celebration.

Tom had my complete respect, and I will miss him immensely.

I spoke with Tom about three weeks ago, as he was preparing for another round of chemotherapy. His spirits were good, and he and Sally were looking forward to trailering the '59 Invicta to Ames for the Buick National. I'm sad that he will not be joining you all there.

Sally Liddy has sent the following information regarding Tom's memorial service, and I post it here in case some of you who knew and appreciated Tom are available to attend:

"Tom's service is going to be Monday, the 19th starting with a visitation at 2pm and a short service at 3. Then people who want can stop in at my brother-in-laws home for a bite to eat and more visiting. The chapel is on Hwy. 100 and 50th street in Edina, Minnesota. Washburn/McGreavy is the name of the place. His obit will be posted in the Mpls. Star/ Tribune on sunday. That will be the complete notice, and you can get it on line. Star/Tribune. com I believe is the address. Rollie Toenges (BCA member) is going to drive the Invicta to the service and we are going to have other Buicks as well, lined up at the front door. Tom would like that for sure."

Guest wildcat62

For those that knew Tom and could not attend, it was a very beautiful service and had about 20 plus older cars in attendance...mostly Buick. As Sally said today, Tom would have been outside looking at them, and there were many Buick friends in attendance.

Here is a link to the guestbook if anyone would like to sign Thomas G. Liddy Obituary: View Thomas Liddy's Obituary by Star Tribune

He will be missed by many, rest in peace Tom.