Caravan to Louisville, KY??

I remember seeing in the FAQ section of the 75th Anniversary web site it being mentioned that a caravan concept to Louisville may be developed, evaluated and it's feasibility determined.

I have been wondering what the status of this concept is currently?

Is a committee looking at this concept? Is it being developed?

When will information be released?

Thanks for answering my questions. :D

I think that any Caravans are being organized on a local level. I will ask Joe Gagliano if there is some sort of official knowledge of any of these events. I know that the Tidewater Region is gearing up for quite a caravan, with their "Salt Water to Fire Water" tour to Louisville.

Charlie, a similar question was brought up at the round table in New Bern by a gentleman from Ohio, when Joe Gagliano was going over the 75th. I think he said that he would check it out.

Wayne

Wow, must have missed that and I was at the roundtable myself.

Guess that long trip to New Bern fried a few of my brain cells that day.

I would imagine that Joe G. is one busy man these days. Especially when you consider that the 75th is less than 6 weeks away.

I wonder if Joe G. has thought about utilizing these forums in some way to support the formation of caravans?

Maybe a thread for each Chapter/Region where they post departure times, meeting points and routes of caravans they are forming?

Wow, must have missed that and I was at the roundtable myself..........

I think it was more along the lines of.............. "Is there any way you (Joe) could have a list of places to stop on the way in from Ohio, and maybe we could go with other groups on the way too?"

And yes, I'm sure Joe is pretty busy, but hopefully West will get him on here. If we don't hear from him in a couple of days, I'll e-mail him.

Wayne

Joe reports that he's heard about a few caravans being organized, but they have not been well publicized. Check with several local regions to see if any others are attending, how they're traveling and when, etc. It's up to individuals/regions/chapters to form their own caravans, as they are not being done or organized by the 75th Anniversary Meet committee. However, Joe is trying to find someone who can be a central "point man" as far as directing/informing of known caravans.

Edited by West Peterson (see edit history)

charlier,

You didn't indicate your home town but US Highway 42 travels from Cleveland to Louisville KY. It is mostly 2 lane highway predating the Interstate system. It goes threw many small towns and could take 3 days from Cleveland.

I have driven I-71 from Cleveland to Columbus to Cincinnati to Louisville and it takes about 6 hours driving 65 MPH. Heads up, in Cincinnati take the I-471 to I-275 to I-71/I-75 to avoid construction and the big hill on I-75 in KY. Adds about 6 miles but a better route with a trailer.

I live in Centerville, near Dayton, and will be driving a 79 year old car. My plan is to take 725 west to Indiana and then 44 west. At Rushville. I will go south on route 3 to route 62 into Louisville. It will take about 4 1/2 to 5 hours & I will leave Wednesday morning about 6:30 AM. I plan to travel between 45 and 50 mph. I have defined the route and plan to drive it in my modern car in the next 3 to 4 weeks.

Edited by huptoy (see edit history)