1955 windshield washer vacuum hoses

Pete Phillips

Can anyone help me hook up the hoses properly on a 1955 with windshield washer? The shop manual is of no help. There are two hose ports on top of the windshield washer jar, two hose ports on the back of the wiper switch, and one on each wiper mount underneath the dash at the base of the windshield.

Thanks for any assistance.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Sherman, Texas

Guest martylum

Hi-I have a 53 Roadmaster squirter setup apart. If the manual doesn't show you which way to go you can usually find out by trial and error. 1 pipe on your bottle goes to the engine vacuum port for vacuum power. The other goes to your dash switch intake port-the other switch pipe goes to a Y tube which feeds both wiper squirters.

If you have access to a vacuum motor, it would simplify the hookup to your bottle. You fire up the vac. motor and hook it up to 1 port on your bottle and see whether you have water coming out of the other port. If not, try reversing the hookup. If it still doesn't work then you got a problem in your bottle siphon tubes.

Martin lum

I can't take credit for the car, but can take credit for a lot of the work, primarily reassembly. It belongs to Randy Johnson of Lake Charles, Louisiana. Look for it at the Salado Buicks & Bluebonnets event next spring. We just missed this year's event by about 2 or 3 weeks.

Pete