91 conv.on ebay

Guest mongeonman

Guest mongeonman

Iam tempted to press the BUY IT NOW on this one ,i think it is a great deal,what do you think about this car and price,thanks

Hmmm,

Yeah, I saw that. Not in my budget, but it sure looks nice. I'd be a bit reluctant to do the buy it now without seeing it in person, but then again these opportunities don't come up too often.

If you have the funds readily available, probably best to jump on it since 91 'verts are few and far between, especially in good shape like this appears to be. Just hope there are no disputes over undisclosed problems.

KDirk

Steve,

That is the curious thing. Then again, as someone once said, "it's the economy, stupid". I think that has a lot to do with it not selling. Since this qualifies as a purely discretionary purchase (it is not the most practical car, and it would be a shame to buy it as a daily driver just to get used up) I imagine the interest is not all that serious at this point in time.

Certainly there is nothing immediately questionable about the quality of this car and I believe it would already be sold if the Reatta got any respect from Barrett-Jackson types who run up the prices on slightly more common cars into the 6 digits. Since it is not on "their" radar, it is languishing.

I just hope it goes to an appreciative owner.

KDirk

Guest mongeonman

I have done some research an found that the seller bought a driver s side mirror on e bay for a reatta in Febuary 2010.

Guest Fred Schussler

Hi all,

Regarding the white/red `91 Reatta on ebay. It appears to be an Illionis car.

Despite the nice appearance on the exterior, shouldn't the UNDERSIDE be

considered? That's what you guys keek saying about northern cars. Just my

two bits worth.

Fred from Illinois.Illinois.

Guest steveskyhawk

I'm sure the underside is fine. Any rhetoric that devalues a car that hasn't been personally inspected devalues all of our cars. Let's not lampoon this car like was done to that select 60 recently

boy I agree the car looks very clean and most likely it is worth the buy it now price. everything looks great with very little wear if any. It has 16 way drivers seat but I don't see a cd player which would make the car complete.

I hope it goes to a good home as that color and mileage is very desirable. I would consider it if I had the ready funds and a willing wife to say YES, but I wont live that long. Somebody will get a really good looking car

Good Luck

That does look nice and desirable colors. It may be a deal at $11K, my only concern is the location but am somewhat fanatical about rust. '91 with 31k miles does sound good but I have too many now.

The earlier SS may have been a deal for the new owner but the pictures of the rust were too bad to make any sense and they did not seem willing to communicate.

That said, average 'verts seem to be in the $5k-$7k range with occasional bargains.

Nothing beats a personal inspection.

Not all Illinois cars have rust. Some folks park their 'good' cars in their garage for the winter. And for that matter, year-round.

The bidding is getting close enough to the BIN price that I bet it goes for it. Interestingly, there is also an '88 on ebay with comparable miles. Bidding isn't even at $1k yet.

I had been in contact with this dealer. Beware. He had it advertised for $8995

about a week ago on Car.com. I talked to him extensively and the car "sounded " great! When I asked him for some pictures of the undercarriage, he said he would send them to me, and after a few days, no pictures. I emailed and he responded with "there is a deposit on the car, I'll let you know

if it falls thru". Well, low and behold...the car is now on Ebay! I called him and

asked why he hadn't let me know the deal fell thru, and he said he had several other offers, so he had decided to just put it on Ebay. NOW he tells me

he will take it OFF ebay and let it set in his garage until he figures out what to do. It is quit apparent that he didn't know what he had, and then realized that

its worth more than the $8995 he originally advertised. Obviously I wish I could have bought the car at the time, but I wanted more information, and then he didn't follow thru with calling me back to let me know the first deal fell thru....grrrrr....so, just my 2 cents. I guess I'm stupid to think someone would

really "notify you if the deal falls thru"...

Suspect you are probably lucky, he seems to want someone who has no clue what it is and not be bothered by pesky details like "is that the real odo reading" or "any rust underneath" ?

To me that is a sign of "run do not walk".

Yes, a 91 is desirable, mainly in drivetrain improvements and yes is was very low production but values are also still in the basement from three areas: age, the economy, and position in the market (pressures on top from both the Allante and Corvette which are also depressed).

Now any vert is going to run at least $2,000 more than you pay for it just getting it "right", the question is really how much "enjoy now and fix later" you can do. This big thing is determining what of the "fixing" is simple bolt ons and what isn't.

To me rust comes under "isn't" and since examples with smooth suspension pieces and clean seams are still around, see no reason to deal with anything else.

The key is to be dilligent and patient. They are out there.

I bet it will be back on Ebay but this time the BIN will be around 18000.00.

One of our members who owns several Reattas has looked at the 91 and he said the dealer told him the car was sold. In looking at the e-bay listing it appears that the listing was ended without meeting the reserve. The total overall condition of the car is very good. There are a few items that need attention but nothing that could not be fixed for a couple of hundred dollars and most could be fixed in just a few min. The car has minor road rash on a couple of wheels around the edges but the paint on all of the wheels is good. There is a non Delco battery in the car and the 2 wing fastners at the back of the engine are missing, not uncommon for Reattas. The Drivers seat shows a little damage on the stiching but very minor. There is no rust on the underside of the car. Bottom line if someone purchased the car they got a really good deal, if the car ends up for sale somewhere else, it is a good car and the asking price is a good value. I hope this helps and thanks to our member who spent his time looking at this car

Chuck

Well, he salesman told me he was going to pull it off of Ebay, and I guess he did just that. I'm sure he'll wait till the dust settles and relist for a reserve of

$18,000 or so. I'll be watching.

BTW, are you decribing the grey '88 with low miles and suede seats? If it's the same one, I noticed a couple of tears in the drivers seat back...same car?

I tried to find the 1991 convertible on Ebay yesterday and there was nothing there.

It would be nice when someone starts a discussion about a car that is online and ask for others opinions.... put a link to the sale. I spent several minutes chasing a ghost.