Chickasha Pre-War photos

Pete Phillips

The annual Pre-War swap meet at Chickasha, Oklahoma was held yesterday and is still going on today. Here are some photos of the Buicks there. 1918 4-cylinder touring, engine running like a sewing machine as I took the photos. Appeared to be an unrestored car.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Sherman, Texas

post-32059-143138187773_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143138187777_thumb.jpg

post-32059-14313818778_thumb.jpg

Here is a 1928 model 48, I believe, 6-cylinder business coupe (no back seat), for sale for $9700 if I remember correctly. This is a superb swap meet for Pre-World War Two cars and parts and restoration supplies. Look for an article in the Buick Bugle soon.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

post-32059-143138187783_thumb.jpg

post-32059-143138187787_thumb.jpg

Here's another Chickasha photo--LOTS of old stationary engines.

Pete

Yeah, And I can name most of them. Front row left to right.

Cushman upright, Fairbanks Morse Model D, Another Fairbanks model D.

Going towards the back on the left. A Maytag. toward the back far right is an International LA or LB 1.5 to 2.5 HP. Another LA or LB. Have to the see the other side to tell them apart as the models are very similer. The engine to the right in the back looks like a Domestic Side Shaft engine, igniter fired with a Webster Tri-polar oscillator magneto. Can't quite tell the one to the far right as all I can see is a flywheel and part of the crank. Oh yes, and a Briggs and Stratton in the middle. :D Dandy Dave!

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)

Yeah, And I can name most of them. Front row left to right.

Cushman upright, Fairbanks Morse Model D, Another Fairbanks model D.

Going towards the back on the left. A Maytag. toward the back far right is an International LA or LB 1.5 to 2.5 HP. Another LA or LB. Have to the see the other side to tell them apart as the models are very similer. The engine to the right in the back looks like a Domestic Side Shaft engine, igniter fired with a Webster Tri-polar oscillator magneto. Can't quite tell the one to the far right as all I can see is a flywheel and part of the crank. Oh yes, and a Briggs and Stratton in the middle. :D Dandy Dave!

I'm definitely not going to call you on that one Dave...pretty impressive...I'm not sure I can see that many engines in that photo in the first place :D:rolleyes:

It's always good to hear about this meet...it sounds like it would be a fun one to attend...someday.

I'm definitely not going to call you on that one Dave...pretty impressive...I'm not sure I can see that many engines in that photo in the first place :D:rolleyes:

It's always good to hear about this meet...it sounds like it would be a fun one to attend...someday.

Brought home my first Briggs when I was 7. Then I started collecting those old stationary engines when I was 9 years old. That was the begining of my addiction to old iron. ;) I have worked on 100's of them though the years. :cool: Dandy Dave!

Yup, I was there too! I bought a trunk for my 13 Buick. The real beauties were in the private collections open in Oklahoma City during and after the meet. Randy Dekker took me to four collections that were awesome....

Here's an unusual piece at the meet. I dare Dandy Dave to ID this one....

post-41092-14313818894_thumb.jpg

post-41092-143138188944_thumb.jpg

You should know better than to dare Dave to anything...next thing you know, you'll have someone in your swimming pool with a bunch of inner tubes... :D

LOL... Ohhhh Yeaaahhh baby! :D

Looks like a homebuilt steam traction engine to me. :cool: Dandy Dave!