Seller Automobile

Guest austincar6

Guest austincar6

I am looking for any information or wear about of Seller Automobiles. Seller was made in Hutchison, Ks between 1909-1914. I am doing Seller Co. for a class project.

Thanks

austincar6...Try your AACA Library & Research Center. On the home page click on "Library" on the right. You will see an icon to initiate a research request form.

Your Library & Research Center retains the finest most comprehensive collection of automotive materials within the hobby. Give it a try.

Regards,

Peter.

Hey austincar6, I have been (slowly) researching a locally-built car from the teens too. If you have time your next move is:

1. Contact the AACA and/or the Detroit Public Library to see if they have a sales brochure and can copy it for you (there would be a small fee).

2. Go to Hutchinson to the library and go through their microfilm to see the newspapers of the day, which is probably where this research came from.

As mentioned in the article, an interesting issue for local cars of this period is that they were usually intended to serve a regional market, as the only way cars could be shipped over land was by rail--there was no truck transport or even suitable roads to drive a car between towns and keep it in good condition. Rail transport was used for everything, cost sometimes 5% of the cost of the car, and was prone to delays and railcar shortages. Cost of shipping parts in would not have helped a company that far out on the plains either. Enjoy the research, Todd C, Auto Restoration Class of 1987