Questions on the 75th event?

msmazcol

Have just a few questions on the event. Hoping someone can shed some light.

Mention is made that the host hotel is a hike from the expo center. Will there be a shuttle between the two or is it something that could be done in a golf cart? I've got some senior (older and wiser) people coming along. We don't want them to hitch hike between the hotel and expo.

Will any form of electric carts be allowed in the expo center with proper handicapped ID?

I realize the expo centers can get large and expansive. Just want the troops happy and not wore out.

We are really looking forward to the event!

I don't know the official answer to this particular question. I did ask if handicap carts would be available for rent at the hotel and received a 'no' answer.

You might not get an official answer until next week as most of the people who know are either in Philadelphia for the Annual meeting or trying to get there.

Judy

Thanks for your interest in the Anniversary event. There will be shuttle service from the Host hotel to the Expo center and a parking pass is included with your event registration for those that may want to drive themselves.

I will have to check on the use of electric carts within the Expo facility.

Thanks Joe Gagliano

Thank you for the fast updates. We like to get our game plan down early since summer is my busy time. This way I'll know what needs to go in the trailer ahead of time. Good luck to all braving the elements in Philly. Has anyone besides me noticed old car people are crazy?

Just kidding.

Who ever said old car people are crazy? Yes, the snow road to Philly will be as legendary as Hershey Mud and the "big one" in 76."

Thanks Joe for the quick response, and hard work chairing the 75th Anniversary Committee. Folks, we're looking forward to a great time in Louisville!

Terry

I doubt there will be any problems with using a golf cart from the trailer parking to the North Wing of the Expo Center. The road is referred to as the "Ring" road and is internal to the fair grounds. It is only used to get around the Expo, it is not a public road with a lot of traffic.

I doubt it will be a problem using a golf cart between the trailer parking, the Crowne Plaza and the Expo Center. From the trailer parking it is a private road to Phillips Rd. then just cross the street into the hotel parking lot. To the North Wing of the Expo Center you get on the "Ring" road, which is internal to the fair grounds and follow it to the North Wing. There is no public traffic only internal to the fair grounds.

Thanks

Question, I just joined the AACA today and plan on attending the meet in Louisville. Do I have to wait until I get my number and pin before I can register? Also, are the cars displayed inside the convention center? If yes, do you leave them there for all the days?

Also called the host hotel and they are all booked, so called Springhill Marriott and got a room there. Will be bringing the 1923 McLaughlin Buick.

Guest billybird

unimojohn: First of all welcome to aaca; we're mighty glad to have you! As long as dues are current you may register for the meet. The show is in fact going to be inside and unless this meet is different cars are only on the show field Sat.