1930 DD - Backseat footrest?

StevieG

29/30 DA had three different size footrests and id almost bet DD did something similar, hardware and length varied between the three so if you are shopping for one you might want to keep this in mind and know what you are buying before you do so.

I took some pictures of a foot rest that I have. This is what you are looking for. I think that you can look for the original screw holes in the floor to get the original length that you need. I was not aware that there were three lengths. This one is from a 1929 DA 4 dr. deluxe sedan. Hope this helps you out. Terry

post-32445-143138154899_thumb.jpg

post-32445-143138154903_thumb.jpg

post-32445-143138155202_thumb.jpg

post-32445-143138155207_thumb.jpg

Three lengths and also at least two size hardware end pieces. Sedan rear compartment is much larger than a Victoria for instance.

Guest DodgeKCL

The flat carpet covered wooden one shown in the photos by 60ch is the upmarket one. There were also steel tube types either chromed or painted black. I would assume they were purchased by Chrysler Corp. from an outside supplier and a replacement for a Dodge could be found in other makes of cars. All CPDD sedans I've owned over the years had footrests in the rear. I don't know when they finally stopped installing them. I think they were standard equipment and not an option.

The 4 hold down bolts go into 'captured' nuts set in the steel floor,2 on each end. The footrest is about 3 feet long. I would guess the pattern of holes and distance apart would tell you what size you're looking for.

My '29 DA footrest matches Terry's exactly; thanks for the original carpet photo by the way....mine screws into wooden floorboards. I hope this isn't considered "hijacking" a post, but in reading this I wondered what makes a '29 DA 4-dr sedan a "deluxe" model and when did Dodge start having "steel floors"?

I am not sure what upmarket means but that is the correct footrest for DA sedan, they were all carpeted, they dont go into captured nuts but use pan headed wood srew nickel finish that screwed directly into wooden floorboard. 28 Victory used steel floors but the model changed back to wood not far into production. I have the info on that if you are interested to read it.

Bob if you want a photo of what your carpet looked like for your sedan just let me know, I have an original example in superb condition.

Difference between deluxe and standard are only noted in interior and they are that the standard sedan was not avail in Mohair but only in either leather or cloth, there are no interior corner lamps in the standard, ( if you are not sure of what these look like I can provide pictures as I have a real nice clean set ) also no assist cord , and one ash receiver and vanity case replace the two ash receivers you would find in the deluxe.

I dont know when Dodge went back to steel floors but I did know at one point and think it was again in very early thirties but correct me if I am wrong.

The guy was asking about a DD and we are talking about DA here I suppose because noone can answer his question with certainty, hope all of this helps regardless.

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

Yes It also ran across the rear seat as shown here, you can also see the door panels Doug was talking about in the distance. I am sure there is a strong possability that not all deluxe sedans had this, I bet it again would depend possably on serial # but just contemplating.

post-48869-143138156461_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1930 (see edit history)

Attached are pictures of my DD's foot rest and rug rail. Mine is a Windsor export car so may be a little different.

I have a spare rug rail, if anyone is intersted in this plese PM me.

post-44765-143138157607_thumb.jpg

post-44765-14313815761_thumb.jpg

post-44765-143138157613_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...
Guest richawor

I found this piece mixed in with some Pierce Arrow parts and appears to be a footrest that is supposed to be attached to a zenith auto heater. I have researched this piece for some time and have found nothing.  Does anybody have any info?  Thanks!  My first impression was that it was a bumper guard although i have never seen any  that were a solid casting...weighs 3lb. never found a match so far.  It was made by Zenith heater, chicago  who made luxury auto heaters. Would it make any sense an auto heater co would make bumper guards??  Ergonomically it is a perfect fit for a footrest.

DSCN1319.JPG

DSCN1318.JPG

DSCN2044.JPG

Edited by richawor
add information (see edit history)