Who has Lowest VIN '65 GS

Patrick91914

Does anyone know if the the ROA maintains a VIN list?

Patrick,

No, ROA does not maintain a list of VINs. The VIN is not asked for on the membership application.

What you are seeking would be a function of a registry. Currently there are registries for the 83XX, 78LXXV, 99 Silver Arrow, S-Type and T-Type and the 82-85 Convertibles but not for the 65 or 65 Gran-Sport. If you would like to start one, contact Ray Knott

Patrick,

No, ROA does not maintain a list of VINs. The VIN is not asked for on the membership application.

What you are seeking would be a function of a registry. Currently there are registries for the 83XX, 78LXXV, 99 Silver Arrow, S-Type and T-Type and the 82-85 Convertibles but not for the 65 or 65 Gran-Sport. If you would like to start one, contact Ray Knott

That's a good idea which I will pursue.

Patrick,

Jim Cannon has done this with the 63's he comes across. His main purpose it to document mid year changes. There were changes in the speedometer, dash veneer, vacuum cannister, spare tire placement etc. He keeps track of the FB numbers, the build dates, and how the car is fitted. One thing you'll need to keep in mind, and I'll let this be confirmed or denied, but if I remember correctly, the FB and VIN numbers for 1965 are not separated between models. FB 90001 might be a Riviera, and FB90002 might be an Electra 225. With this in mind, your numbers will be random among the entire Buick line for '65.

Ed

Well, here's what I'd like to do:

#1. Start a registry for any '65 Riv

#2. Capture VINs, data plate info (e.g., options, build date, original color)

#3. If possible, include Interior/Exterior pics regardless of car's condition

#4. Identify Gran Sports

#5. Owner's name

#6. Selling Dealership, if known

#7. If you have an original window sticker (even for a car you don't have), then I'd like a copy

So, If you have a '65 Riviera and you'd like to add your car (or a stray window sticker) to the registry, then please email any information that you have to rivieraregistry@yahoo.com.

Patrick,

In my experience as a Regional Coordinator, and according to other RC's, this is pretty much a true statement for all ROA members. Usually less than two-thirds of your ROA members have online capabilities. You'll be well served to run your registry through the Riview - many more prospective registrants.

Email Ray Knott and advise him of what you'd like to do.

Ed

Patrick,

In my experience as a Regional Coordinator, and according to other RC's, this is pretty much a true statement for all ROA members. Usually less than two-thirds of your ROA members have online capabilities. You'll be well served to run your registry through the Riview - many more prospective registrants.

Email Ray Knott and advise him of what you'd like to do.

Ed

I've contacted Ray and will prepare an announcement which should appear in the next Review. I will probably be able to accept emails and faxes and will be open to extending the registry to include all first generation cars (i.e., '63 to '65).

Guest Riviera66
Patrick,

Jim Cannon has done this with the 63's he comes across. His main purpose it to document mid year changes. There were changes in the speedometer, dash veneer, vacuum cannister, spare tire placement etc. He keeps track of the FB numbers, the build dates, and how the car is fitted. One thing you'll need to keep in mind, and I'll let this be confirmed or denied, but if I remember correctly, the FB and VIN numbers for 1965 are not separated between models. FB 90001 might be a Riviera, and FB90002 might be an Electra 225. With this in mind, your numbers will be random among the entire Buick line for '65.

Ed

This is partially correct. '65s are like '66s, the VINs are quite sequential among Rivieras, but with a few outliers. For '66, a small number of Wildcats built in Flint have sequenced Vins among the Rivs. I have documented quite a few '65s over the years... earliest for me was 6,471 from November 3rd week 1965 up to 52,043 for a 3rd week of July car. Given how late this last one was built, I seriously doubt there are more than a handful beyond 52,043. With the known production of Rivs for the year, there are a few non Rivs in with them as you can see.

Those of you who attend ROA Meets have no doubt seen me with my laptop on the show field documenting the '65-73's that attended...

Darwin Falk

1966-70 ROA Technical Advisor

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...