1923 Buick 23-4-39

DaveAspi

Again, I appologize if this is a repeat post for you guys, but just trying to find the correct "thread" for my Buick restoration, I think this is the right one- BCA'rs help me out!

Well, it's been almost 5 years since aquiring my 1923 Buick 4-39, and it is NOW time to get'r running. Step 1 is done- the engine does turn freely, and the electrical is all working. My goal is to have her running in time for our local Christmas parade. Might be a bit aggressive, but it's a goal.

I am looikng for advice/help on what to do next. The car has not been started for well over 15 years, but is in remarkable condition. All original. Looking for a Buick expert in the Southern California area, San Diego if possible, to help with the engine issues. Since it is only original once, I don't want to "mess" it up.

Are there any Buick 4 cylinder experts out there? I am a BCA member and would be greatful for the help getting this rarity back on the road.

Thanks, Dave<!-- google_ad_section_end --> :D

post-49586-143138115589_thumb.jpg

post-49586-143138115591_thumb.jpg

post-49586-143138115592_thumb.jpg

post-49586-143138115594_thumb.jpg

post-49586-143138115595_thumb.jpg

post-49586-143138115596_thumb.jpg

post-49586-143138115598_thumb.jpg

Edited by DaveAspi
Wrong thread title (see edit history)

Dave,I admire you becuse of that you "saved" this beautiful Buick in original condition.Almost every 1920:s Buick has the same way to be started,so if it`s that you are looking for, you can ask someone with a 1920:s Buick.

Good Luck Dave. Leif in Sweden.

Dave,

It is good to hear from you again. I remember visiting you on one of my business trips to see you and your Buicks a couple of years ago. Hopefully, Dave Ebert, who has the same car near me in SW WA, has been helpful to you with some of the details for your particular model car.

But the guy that comes to mind in Southern California is Fred Rawlins in the L.A. area. Look him up in the BCA roster. I am sure Fred would be glad to help. Otherwise, just give me a call or email and I will offer what I can to help.

Great car...I had a 22-44 and now have a 23-38....search my post I had earlier this spring and mine ended up as a tale of things not to do first...the simple things can give you fits...the 4's are strong running dependable cars keep us all posted with your experience

• 2 weeks later...