Alternative to CARS

Guest BJM

I would like to get a couple of restoration support catalogs for my 72 Centurion. Even if it is for Oldsmobile etc where interchangeability can occur.

I will not deal with CARS. Any alternative vendors you have had success with would be appreciated, especially if they have a paper catalog.

My 72 Centurion is fully worn out. I noticed the rubber parts for the suspension and body mounts are split, dry. but not sure on a vendor that can support all the grocery getter parts one might need to restore this car.

I don't know if they would have what you need (haven't exactly looked much for that era), but Classic Buicks would be one place to start. RockAuto is a good choice for some of the odds and ends. I am content with both of them, although RockAuto has parts coming from different locations, so shipping can get higher as they don't combine shipments from the different sources.

I don't know if either of them have a paper catalog.

Good luck.

Guest my3buicks
Try Steele rubber directly for the rubber parts.

For your rubber parts this is the ONLY company I would even consider - I have tried others and have always sent the items back and then gone with Steele.

Don't forget about ebay for many of your other needs, lots of Centurion/LeSabre/Electra parts usually on there

Strange as it may seem, try my local Car Quest. They've been AMAZING at getting parts for my '62 Chevy Suburban, including front end parts that were a 3-year-only deal.

A guy from another site struck out everywhere for some brake parts, the Car Quest guys hooked him up and shipped the parts to Canada for him.

(706) 367-5000. Greg or Tim are your best shot.

-Brad