CFC list came out- We lost 39 TCs

89TC-16V

I saw the clunker list a while ago. I was surprised how few TCs there were on the list. Far more good ones get crushed and/or parted out each year on EBay and Craig's list. The Allante number was over 50, and they have much higher market values than our TCs. Considering the 5000+ Mercedes cars on the list and the low market values our cars have had for the past few years, it shows that by far, most TC owner's think their TC is worth more than $3,500 or $4,500, which we all know is at the high side of the market for a TC with a number of miles on it. That is a sign that our cars have a higher intrinsic value than the current market value. It is a very good sign that most owners may think the cars will gain in value soon, and are *worth* more than that. Of course the down side is when the insurance bill comes in. ;-)

Edited by TCParts (see edit history)

Guest BarelyFit

I'm sure there are some who keep their TCs for the monetary value, but I think most of us keep and take care of our two seaters out of shear love of the little beasts.

Guest My TC Toy

I agree with Larry. Anyone who owns a TC, and if the car is in good condition, is sure to keep it. I think you will find that the ones turned in were probably in pretty poor condition anyway and this was a good way to realize a few dollars for them. As far as insurance cost goes, I have mine insured as a classic and for pre established appraisal value, the premium does not shock me! Mine is a fair weather car and will see many more warm summer days.

Guest d_voitel

It's truly sad that 39 TC's went to TC heaven. I wonder how many TC's are still in existence of the 7300 manufactured over the three year production run. The plan is to keep mine for the rest of my days, or until the DMV says I can no longer drive. I just hope parts are available when and If I need them.