some interesting things you find in old cars

Guest dgiorgi

Not me, # %!#$^&, but good friend with a Body Shop sent an employee to the local U-Pull-Itjunk yard for a used body part. The kid came back an said he

found $240 in one of the cars? The boss went back to the same car and found

$121 more!

Guest billybird

When I was restoring my "40 Ford coupe, upon tearing down the seat there was a pair of huge upholstery scissors between the seat cover and the padding.

I bought a 69 Pontiac Grand Prix years ago that I sold a few months later. The guy I sold it came by my place a week later and handed me a really large and lethal switchblade he found when working under the seats. He thought I was a badass or something and wouldn't believe it wasn't mine. He offered to trade me for a pellet pistol which I did but he still didn't believe me!

Many years ago while working at Old Cars Weekly, I bought a 1964 Pontiac LeMans coupe from the editor of sister publication Numismatic News, (a weekly for coin collectors). A couple weeks later I am cleaning out under the front seat and find a paper bag with $1100 in rolled coins. (More than I paid for the car at the time). But, being just to darn honest for my own good, I took it to work the next day and asked if he was missing something? He was very greatful.

Guest mercman86

I havent found anything valuable but in my new to me 1984 Olds Cutlass Ciera I found the original window sticker shoved in the springs under the drivers seat. Also, the lil old lady kept all fuel receipts from the day she bought the car untill she parked it due to age. I still have them in a drawer in my garage for some reason! In my 1989 Lincoln town car i found a "Bealls" department store (car was from Florida) name tag inside the dashboard that said "Marge Simpson." Laughed my butt off at that one Still have that somewhere too.............. All I found in the Ranchero was a couple mouse skeletons.

Not to be confused with the car I have owned for 14 years, but I did buy another black '62 Olds Starfire Coupe from a guy who actually lived in my same neighborhood; he had kept the car in an old garage with a dirt floor.

The day I brought the car home, my cousin lifted out the back seat to see if he could find a build sheet for the car; instead, he found a dead mouse skeleton.

Didn't panic too much; no other critters were to be found, amazingly enough, and I did enjoy the car for a couple of years before I sold it.

(As Paul Harvey says, the rest of the story is that I had the car titled over to me on December 12, 2000--the very day General Motors pulled the plug on Oldsmobile. And, as far as who I sold it to later on, ironically enough, it was--General Motors, as the fine folks at the Heritage Collection restored the car to its original glory.)

Have seen the car several times since then, and rest assured, there hasn't been any mice in sight...

Guest 63Stude

This didn't happen to me, but I read on the Studebaker Drivers' Club forum some time back about a guy finding a Goldwater button in the defroster vent of his '63 Avanti! Also, a local Studebaker friend of mine who in his youth had worked at an Akron, OH Stude dealer, bought a '60's big Stude truck a few years back. He said he remembered a customer of the dealership that had a similar truck all those years ago. In the defroster vent he found a pencil with the name of that customer's business in it, so it was the same truck!

Bill