What is this tool- Kent Moore for Buick??

Guest Richard MD

Guest Richard MD

Hello, I obtained some old tools from a closed Buick dealer, who opened back in the early 1930's. I have been able to find 3 Kent Moore tool catlogs, 1958, 1964, and 1994. I have had no luck trying to figure what this tool is. It is stamped 5339-4. It is 21" tall with 2 steel rods. Does anyone have an ideal of the use and application of this? Does anyone have a suggestion on trying to figure out the older Kent Moore tools applications? Thanks for any help, it is appreciated, Richard

post-57463-143138097321_thumb.jpg

post-57463-143138097326_thumb.jpg

post-57463-14313809733_thumb.jpg

Guest Richard MD

Thanks for your reply's. I think the one about them being for wheel alignment rang a bell. I seem to remember as a kid with my Dad when he had the car worked on, seeing them being used. Thanks again for your help, it is appreciated. Best regaurds, Richard MD

I think you guys are right. A local shop that good friends of mine have here, has a wheel alinment machine and rack Even the modern remotes that attaches to the wheel looks similar to this even though they connect to a computor. Dandy Dave!

• 2 weeks later...

for sure it is an attachment for a wheel alignment. The three points on the back of the adapter attach to the wheel by sliding out to catch the bead area. Then there is a light that attaches on the outside of the wheel on a bearing that allows it to float and it then points to the alignment target which is part of the alignment rack in front of the vehicle to set the alignment. Here are some more pieces for sale that go with that part.

Hunter Alignment machine CHEAP