1940 Packard 120 Deluxe?

Tom Martinez

Back to the original question: How do you tell the difference? It appears that most, if not all, the items included on the Deluxe are optional items. So, if a Standard is equipped with the optional items, how does one tell the difference? Is there a "DE" stamped anywhere on the body of a Deluxe?

• 1 month later...

Dave,

I am curious about the book Jim Hollinsworth wrote about the 40 Packard. Where can I get a copy?

I am so excited because my Dad and I went to LaPlace, La in 1984 and brought back a 1940 110 Conv Cpe back to Va. Recently, he called me and said "come and get the Packard, you're gonna get it anyway so you may as well enjoy it"

Needless to say, I was overwhelmed!! Now I'm looking for information about the car.

Thanks

Steve P

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Orphanauto

I spoke to Jim recently, he is going to the Packard meet in Branson this July. I'll look up his phone number and pass it along if you would like. Please email me. He won't mind, a super nice guy. He sells them at the meets sometimes, I'm sure he will sell you one, and like mine, he will sign it. Excellent book. oh, by the way, it is my understanding the Deluxe 120 has stainless steel trim around the windshield, the reguler 120 does not. That is one way you can tell.