Charlotte- April 2009

yirgaman

If you're speaking of the track, yirga, the track itself is paved, but the infield is a mixture. The car show is on the outside of the track itself on the grass with hardened access lanes. The grass can get soft, but not enough to have mud problems. In my experience, it's worth the trip. Where else can you find so many used auto parts and great show cars this time of year?

Wayne

Hopefully it will be dry this year. It rained last year, a lot, and the area outside the track where some vendors were was pretty muddy in the road/walkways. Be sure and bring clothes for pretty much anything. And some boots just incase it does rain again this year.

Wayne is correct the show field was fine even with the rain since there is grass where it is.

Are you bringing a vehicle to show?

Bill and I will be there to judge.

I'll give you some advice: Don't drive north on 85 and then exit onto Speedway BLVD, exit 49. You'll find youself involved with a few hundred other enthusiasts in a frustrating traffic snarl. Instead, exit 85 before 49 and head over to US Rt. 29- then turn left and head north to the track.

Beyond that, it's a great swap meet, as long as the weather doesn't turn nasty. The AACA car show will be great as long as the rain stays away. The swap meet is huge, the atmosphere is friendly and relaxed, and the Hornets Nest Region does a great job. Think of it as Spring Hershey South. You'll need 2 days at a minimum. See you there.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The grass can get soft, but not enough to have mud problems. </div></div>

Wayne & Shoprat, where you ya'll last year??? Why do you think some of the muscle cars were parked in the alises, deep tire tracks behind my car in the HPOF class, and slide marks where dad tried backing into the spot with my mom's car. Hopefully after having reseeded all that area before last year's meet, with all the race events it gotten packed better.

Up on top there didn't seem to be any issues. But you are correct down over the edge of the field where Mopar was parked there was some mud as folks were leaving and some sliding. I forgot about that since the class I had was up where it was okay.

Sure hoping for dry nice weather this year. smile.gif

You'll love it! Check the website for Charlotte Auto Fair and you'll get an ariel view and plenty of info. Lots of swap meet inside the track and outside as well. Cars for sale are all around the track and it's a fantastic sight. You'll need a minimum two full days to see it all Recommend you do the swap on Thursday and Friday and enjoy the car show on Sat. We'll be there in class 25E with our MGB.

Terry & Susan

If you have been in 10 years, <span style="text-decoration: underline">Much</span> bigger. The flea market now spills out behind the backstreach. The AACA meet of outside the track behind turn 2. Car corral now wraps pretty much all the way around the track and in some place 2 or 3 row deep.

• 2 weeks later...