Did someone eat my 1-2 stop part???... and 2010 camaro pics

Guest CL_Reatta

Guest CL_Reatta

Hey everyone,

I received my 1-2 band stop in the mail today only to find that it looks like someone ate the envelope.... and the parts bag was empty as well... am being sent a new one, but the delay is really killing me as this car needs to get fixed 3 weeks ago.

Oh and I was driving the other day and saw the 2010 camaro on the road and then pulled into a parking lot, so I took some pics... have seen about 3 more since then on the road... when was it released?

post-46642-14313804974_thumb.jpg

post-46642-143138049749_thumb.jpg

post-46642-143138049757_thumb.jpg

post-46642-143138049765_thumb.jpg

post-46642-143138049774_thumb.jpg

Guest RattyOne

your photos prove that the 2010 camaro is ugly on the road as well as the showroom/carshows/race track. Note how well our old Reattae look compared to THAT!

Guest F14CRAZY

what the hell...man this job really is taking us a while

I don't mind the Camaro but if I was in the market I'd want something with modern styling...not something that looks like my dad's Camaro. For a RWD coupe with modern styling you have to go to Mazda, Nissan, or Hyundai. If GM had the money they should make a new Skylark on that platform

Hmm,

Can't say I think much of that new Camaro. Clearly they are trying to recapture the "classic" muscle look (ala Mustang) but I am, shall we say, uninspired by the attempt.

Not so ugly I wouldn't drive it, but I wouldn't buy one.

KDirk

Guest jcrules78

CAMARO FANATIC HERE!! Love the new Camaro. I have been waiting for one to show up at my local Chevy dealership so I can go check it out in person. I'd love to give the SS a test drive. My original plan before the accident was to drive in to the dealership with my IROC and try and convince the dealer that I was a viable buyer looking to upgrade. I wasn't very sure that plan would work so well considering the fact that most Camaro enthusiasts consider the third gen Camaros to be the very bottom of the proverbial barrel. CL, nice envelope, seems that your local mail carrier isn't getting enough fiber.

JCRULZ

Guest jcrules78

Turbo baby!!! Super nice ride, even with the white paint. Hey did someone say NEW FIERO?!? Haven't heard that one yet!

JCRULZ

Wonder if the new Camaro will have the same problem putting that much HP down as the 67-69 did. Hopefully the IRS will cure the terminal axle tramp but the weight is just not in the right place.

Heck, I have enough trouble putting it down with an A-body.

Trouble putting the horsepower down? 67-69 Camaros are natural drag cars. With a set of ladder bars on the back and some 90/10 shocks on the front you can drag the back bumper if you have the horsepower. If you are talking factory stock you may be right but who has 450 and expects the car to hook up with street tires and stock suspension.

Wondering if a car with 450 horsepower and the stock suspension and tires will have problems putting horsepower to the ground is like wondering if the same car will slide off the road at Road Atlanta.

Guest jcrules78

Hey Padgett you got my hopes up that a new Fiero might be in the works, and boy I wish it were true. Yet another tragic situation in which GM "wins the battle then loses the war." The 88 Fiero Formula was an awesome performing midship car. They got ASC/McLaren to soup up the suspension and added all sorts of upgrades. They finally got everything right, and then dumped the project. What the hell! Sound familiar Reatta buffs?

I saw those black Camaro pics, and that supposedly is some sort of Camaro concept idea that GM came up with before the Camaro's release. It's a special trim with nice black aftermarket rims and those awesome red halo headlights. I guess the engine was upgraded too. I'd have to say that that concept would be one of the toughest looking cars on the road if they made it a reality.

I'm not sure exactly how to attach personal pictures but I tried doing it down below using the File Manager. I don't know if you guys will be able to see the three pics I put it. One pic I got of the new Camaro LT (?) when I was in Disney a couple of weeks ago. I found it after my wife and I went on the GM Test Track ride downstairs. Nice color, it reminds me of the old Marina Blue color GM used to use.

The other two are of the remnants of my 88 IROC-Z that got destroyed by some bozo last summer. Trust me Phil, it looked a lot sweeter before the yuppie-ass Passat driver decimated it while in a hurry to get ice cream for his screaming kids.

JCRULZ

post-57485-143138050527_thumb.jpg

post-57485-143138050565_thumb.jpg

post-57485-143138050601_thumb.jpg

Guest CL_Reatta

It depends on what browser you are using, at home I use firefox and the pics look fine, here at school i'm using IE 6... I think and the pics are to large

Guest jcrules78

Sorry guys if some of your browsers are making the pictures too large. That is my first time posting pics on this site, and they look normal sized on my browser, so I thought all was good. I use Internet Explorer.

JCRULZ

Guest jcrules78

Thanks for the pic resizing info guys, sorry to throw the forum off topic. Any other new Camaro fans out there? Anyone planning on buying one soon?

JCRULZ

Guest jcrules78

Hey CL, the Chevy dealership told me that March 1st was the day that all the folks who paid in advance would be receiving their 2010 Camaros. He told me that by the end of March, most every Chevy dealership should have them in the showrooms for customers to check out and test drive. I'm not sure if that applied to all trims or just the LT, which is the only trim I have seen to date. I won't be seeing any of those on the road for quite a while still living in Maine. Winter doesn't end here for another two months. ;-/

JCRULZ

Guest F14CRAZY

sorry to hear and see of your poor IROC Z frown.gif

The wheels on the new Camaro LS look like they're from a circa '85 S10 though...

Guest Bobby Valines

This camaro will be for sale next year from Hennessy 700hp super charged V8. They didn't have the price in the article.

post-56791-14313805125_thumb.jpg

Guest jcrules78

Thanks Phil, I had put a lot of money and time into building that car, so I still miss it quite a bit. Bobby, that Hennessey Camaro is scary. I imagine that thing could take out most anything on the road including Exotics like Lambos and Ferraris with that kind of HP! The price must be absolutely ridiculous.

JCRULZ

Guest jcrules78

The whole front of the car was bent upward, the pillars and roof were bent, the doors were frigged up, and it was considered a total loss by the insurance company. Obviously the engine was toast. The car was decent from behind the doors back. I had done so much with that car, a rebuilt 350 engine, Edelbrock catback exhaust, MSD wires, 400 plus dollars worth of Cooper Zeon tires, etc. Also, the car had been used in the movie Empire Falls filmed in Skowhegan/Waterville, Maine, so there was a bit of special interest involved as well. I got a decent amount for the car from the other dude's insurance company and spent some of it on my Reatta, so at least something cool came out of the whole situation! I ought to get a license plate that says LIL ROC for my Reatta! Heh heh.

Guest CL_Reatta

Well,

After hoping that the 1-2 band stop would come in today... no such luck. Hopefully if it comes in tomorrow it will be early since I have to be at work tomorrow at 1 until sometime late.... This is getting annoying