Pictures

Dangeroso

BCA Rdiv Website

If and when you find the car of your desire you really should consider joining both the BCA and the RDiv of the BCA. Unfortunately for you, last month the BCA featured the Reatta very prominently. The editor alluded to follow-up articles in the coming months. The BCA membership is $35 annually and the magazine is well worth the price let alone the other benefits. The Rdiv I think is only $10 annually and includes a newsletter and even better, access to great Reatta resources.

I love my Reatta (my second) but there are a lot of things to consider prior to jumping into the used Reatta market. As these cars are at least 17 years old and at the advent of the electronic age for cars one can quickly get in over one's head buying one. My opinion(and the opinion of many of the present Reatta owners here) is that the coupe probably won't become a high dollar collector car despite the low production numbers. Rare doesn't always equate to valuable. You should use this knowledge to your advantage in your search. Convertibles may be a different story but typically they would need to be a low mileage, well maintained showpiece. I'm not trying to discourage you. These are great cars and I do love mine. I'll probably be upside down (what the car is worth vs what I put into it) on it by this time next year. I go there happily as the car puts almost as big a smile on my face as my '65 Skylark.

Greg

Guest Bobby Valines

I like the black/red convertible. Could we start a thread with a pictures of or cars so we could but a car with a name? Or would it take to much gigawatts. ( don't know what its called ) I have been here almost a year and would like to see all the different reatta's and the different things they have done to there cars.

I beg to differ. For a long time a Corvette coupe (except the split window) was in the same boat. I suspect that in the long term the 88-89 Coupe with the touchscream dash will be recognized for what it is.

Sorry folks but to me, the '90 vert is seriously decontented compared to my 88 coupe.

Was just watching the Mecum auction in Kissimmee on HDTheater and no car with a production run that made it into triple digits was bringing a premium and despite universally beautiful paint jobs few were getting beyond $20-$30 despite real in-your-face antics of the "bidder's assistants" and what appeared to be free beer.

However as these cars get to be 25-30 years old and they are not found on used car lots or in Craigslist anymore, I suspect the current buyer's market will change.

Padget,

From your lips to the future market's ears. I hope you are right. Maybe I'm pesimistic but the difference is that the car should have been in demand when new. Corvettes always have had a high demand market. Reatta's (especially the later ones) were a hard sell from the dealers. If any coupes become desirable to future collectors, I agree it will probably be the early ones with the touch screen, even though my personal preferance is the later models. Future collectability will be icing on my cake but I'm not expecting it nor counting on it.

That said, I expect I will be replacing things as they wear out. As the major systems fail (my car has 148K on it) what I have into it will exceed what I could get out of it if I were to sell it. I picked a car that had few issues despite the mileage and looked great including the interior. I wanted a Maui Blue car from the beginning and finally found one that had original paint that still looked very nice. My car was in a very minor fender bender (I saw the repair recipts)and the body looks like new. I only paid $2,700 for it. I did have to wait for the seller to realize what the market was as he was originally asking $6,995 for it. Eventually he came down to what I was willing to pay. Keeping a high mileage Reatta won't be cheap but you can't put a price on happiness. Wait maybe you can, I did sell my restored '69 Riviera a few years ago to stop my wallet from bleeding.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bobby Valines</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Could we start a thread with a pictures of or cars so we could but a car with a name? Or would it take to much gigawatts? </div></div>

I think its Megabytes - you'd have to have an awful lot of pics to make

one Gigabyte. And even a fraction of a gigawatt...well the results would be

<span style="font-weight: bold"><span style="font-style: italic">SHOCKING!</span></span>

har har har