DSC_0417.jpg

DSC_0421.jpg

DSC_0466.jpg

DSC_0461.jpg

DSC_0462.jpg

DSC_0474.jpg

DSC_0442.jpg

DSC_0485.jpg

Did anyone notice the car baried in the back? It's a 26 Buick, the chassis, wood, and body were completely redone and has been there since the early 70's.

Guest 4Bangin4Fun

This is the type of insight I am looking for, Thank you very much..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Friartuck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whoever gets the task to restore the '31 Lincoln, be forewarned that 1931 was a one year only for Lincoln and many parts are unique for that year. Known part problems are hood latches and handles, steering wheel control knobs, Greyhound hood ornament, both horns, cowl and headlight lenses, tail light and their lenses. Even the Seth Thomas electric clock is unique for that year. There will easily be 300-400 hours just in remanufacturing the missing parts and should be taken into account when establishing a purchase price. The good news is someone recently professionally reprinted the '31 owners manual, so thats a start. smile.gif

Chris </div></div>

I hate to say it, but if the Lincoln is missing its drive train, it's probably not worth getting. The condition of the body is not stellar either. It will probably wind up painted all white as a SB Chevy-powered wedding limo for people with bad taste.

Now that's what I call National Treasure!

(Quote:)

I will preface this with that I approached him as being interested in shooting photos of old cars (which I do) and not as an interested buyer, my intent on posting these photos and story here is to share what I saw and also to get your opinions and experienced insight as to weather these cars would be worth engaging the owner to try and buy them. He does know what he has but does not know what the current values are.

(Unquote)

If you are trying to negotiate with this guy you better hope he is not a member of this forum!

Guest 4Bangin4Fun

I'm sure he's not a member, he doesn't have a computer.

Like I said, I did not approach him as an interested buyer so no I'm not in negotiations with him.

Now that I know who he is and what he has, I'll be keepin' in touch with him..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TexRiv_63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now that's what I call National Treasure!

(Quote:)

I will preface this with that I approached him as being interested in shooting photos of old cars (which I do) and not as an interested buyer, my intent on posting these photos and story here is to share what I saw and also to get your opinions and experienced insight as to weather these cars would be worth engaging the owner to try and buy them. He does know what he has but does not know what the current values are.

(Unquote)

If you are trying to negotiate with this guy you better hope he is not a member of this forum! </div></div>

4Bangin4fun is the owner of these vehicles aware that you have published photos of his vehicles and the contents of his home (garage) on the internet for all to see? Further with respect to you statement that you are not in negotiations with hime is putting a very fine point on it as any reasonable view of your conduct shows otherwise. He may not be a member of this forum or have a computer so one can only hope that someone on this forum knows the person in question and advises him exactly what you are doing.

Guest 4Bangin4Fun

Yes he does know, he gave me permission to post the photos.

I have no intent on posting any personal information about him, I apologize if I have given the impression that I am invading his privacy???

Just to clarify, I have no intent to engage him in any type of negotiations regarding his cars. Again I apologize if I have given the wrong impression here, I knew that if I approached him as an interested buyer he probably would have told me to get lost..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Merv</div><div class="ubbcode-body">4Bangin4fun is the owner of these vehicles aware that you have published photos of his vehicles and the contents of his home (garage) on the internet for all to see? Further with respect to you statement that you are not in negotiations with hime is putting a very fine point on it as any reasonable view of your conduct shows otherwise. He may not be a member of this forum or have a computer so one can only hope that someone on this forum knows the person in question and advises him exactly what you are doing. </div></div>

Guest 4Bangin4Fun

To all here,

My intent of this post is purely to show photos of some cars that I thought people would enjoy seeing, much as I have enjoyed seeing them close up.

Also to stimulate opinions and debate wether or not they would be worth buying IF they became available.

Thanks for everyones comments.

Steve

Hey,

If the cars were visible from the street, and you didn't enter his property to photograph them, then you wouldn't need his permission, the first amendment allows you to publish them anywhere you want. If you were invited in and allowed to take photos of his garage, then the same rule applies.

4Bangin4Fun why would you want to purchase these vehicles considering you previous post where you advertise a 1925 Dodge Brothers sedan partially restored for $8,000 after spending $20,000 on it?

4Bangin4fun is the owner of these vehicles aware that you have published photos of his vehicles and the contents of his home (garage) on the internet for all to see? Further with respect to you statement that you are not in negotiations with hime is putting a very fine point on it as any reasonable view of your conduct shows otherwise. He may not be a member of this forum or have a computer so one can only hope that someone on this forum knows the person in question and advises him exactly what you are doing.

What's your problem, Merv?

• 1 month later...
Guest 4Bangin4Fun

If anyone is interested, my neighbor came to me and said he would be willing to sell some of his car parts and asked if I would help him, He says he has hospital bills to pay.

If there is anything in the photos posted in this thread that you might be interested in send me a message and I will relay the offer to him, I am not accepting any finders fees, just trying to help him out.

If I don't receive any messages within two weeks from today 3-3-09 I'll post in the for sale section.

Thanks..